Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2006, 07:00 PM   #1

does anyone want the $100 referral for warranty direct?

I'm thinking seriously of getting a warranty from WD and saw this from their website.....

Referral Program

Are you a current contract holder? Tell a friend or relative about us and earn a reward.

Refer a friend or relative who would benefit from a Warranty Direct plan. If they purchase a qualifying warranty, we'll send you a $100 U.S. Savings Bond. Ask your Certified Warranty Advisor for details or check the back of your contract booklet.

bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:43 AM   #2

i have a warranty direct plan..if you want me to "refer you" sure i will take the savings bond..see me a PM if you like.
docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:47 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Travis
Bagwell -

Not interested in the savings bond, but nice of you to make the offer to the group.

Just wanted to say hello to you, I am over in Kingwood not too far away.

-cheers
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #4

Bagwell, I recently purchased an extended warranty from Warranty Direct for my '03 S. I don't usually buy extended warranties but with all the stories I read about Boxsters I changed my mind. I live in the Clear Lake area. Good Luck!
Norminhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #5

Warranty Direct Referral

I'm sorting through WD's plans and options right now. So if you want the referral $$$, please let me know. Has anyone had experience recently / whenever with a WD claim? Advise is welcomed. My 99 qualified for for 2 or 3 plans with options, since I've only got 9400 miles on her.

Last edited by pBunny; 10-15-2006 at 04:43 PM.
pBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #6

I too am curious if anyone has filed a claim with WD and their experience? I was looking into the MajorCare MBI, or the XtraCare MBI. The cost doesn't seem exhorbitant given the peace of mind I think it would provide me. For my 99' it works out to be $70-80/month for 1k miles a month for 37 months depending on which coverage I pick. (~$2700-2900 total)

Specifically, the policy states:
"...engine block and heads are covered if damaged by the Failure of an internally lubricated moving part. "

That sounds mysteriously specific. I interpret it to mean engine damage due to a blown head gasket would not be covered. Or a damaged engine due to a busted liner or cylinder sleeve would not be covered either.

I'm probably going to give them a call....

Thanks,
Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #7

Hi Pbunny,

I sent a private mail about the referral and answered some of your claim questions. Take care,

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #8

Laresz2,

I have filed 3 small claims with Warranty Direct so far. I have my car serviced at RUF here in Dallas and they simply call Warranty Direct with my contract number and Warranty Direct pre-authorizes the claim and pays Ruf directly. I guess they pay with a corporate card but I'm not sure. I have the zero deductible option and so far with my claims, all I've been out is the price of the belt to drive the water pump. I guess they don't cover belts. Warranty Direct has paid out about $1100.00 or so in claims for me. If you do go with them, I would appreciate the referral if you are so inclined. Thanks and take care,

Mike Navarro
701 Dunn St.
Waxahachie, TX 75165

navarro@flash.net
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by larez2
I too am curious if anyone has filed a claim with WD and their experience? I was looking into the MajorCare MBI, or the XtraCare MBI. The cost doesn't seem exhorbitant given the peace of mind I think it would provide me. For my 99' it works out to be $70-80/month for 1k miles a month for 37 months depending on which coverage I pick. (~$2700-2900 total)

Specifically, the policy states:
"...engine block and heads are covered if damaged by the Failure of an internally lubricated moving part. "

That sounds mysteriously specific. I interpret it to mean engine damage due to a blown head gasket would not be covered. Or a damaged engine due to a busted liner or cylinder sleeve would not be covered either.

I'm probably going to give them a call....

Thanks,
Larez2
i'm also considering a warranty from them, i wonder if they would cover rms issues and yes '' damaged by failure of internally lubricating moving part'' kind of makes me think thats a way for them not to actually cover an engine

yfz/700R is offline   Reply With Quote