Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
zemuron

986s Weird Fluid leak

I have a 986s. It was garaged all winter and the battery died. It was probably five months since it had been started last. The garage is not heated, but ive never seen it get colder than 50 degrees in there. Yesterday, I put in a new battery and started it up. Everything seemed fine, and I ran it for about 5 minutes before I shut it off. As I went to walk in the house I heard the sound of liquid dripping. I walked over to the car and found fluid dripping pretty briskly from just in front of the drivers side door. The fluid was blueish clear (I think it was windshield washer fluid). About 1/4 to 1/2 gallon leaked out in total then it stopped. checked my coolant reservoir, and its levels were good (and the fluid was orange). The brake fluid reservoir was at the max. I topped off the windshield washer fluid and ran the car for about 5 minutes after that, and no issues or lights. No more leaks. Below are some pictures of where the fluid was leaking from.

Today, a friend and I jacked up the car, and took the wheel well cover off to expose the windshield washer fluid reservoir. There were no obvious leaks, breaks or issues, and the reservoir maintained its level. I let the car idle for a few minutes again. No more leaks, and all my fluid levels seem to be stable.

Anyone have any idea why the car dumped this fluid? Was it windshield washer fluid or something else?

jspoljor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:28 PM   #2

Garage
Check your power steering fluid.

911monty is offline   Reply With Quote