Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2020, 06:29 PM   #1

2003-04 Boxster trunk pictures requested

Hey folks,

I'm working on installing an aftermarket stereo system in my 2003 Boxster S. Where possible I'm trying to use OEM parts in OEM-like applications. One example of this, is that I am intending to use the OEM CD-changer and external amplifier mounting brackets to adapt them for mounting my aftermarket amplifiers.

Anyhow, the point of this post is that my 2003 wasn't optioned with either hi-fi package so it does not already have the CD-changer and amplifier brackets installed. I've taken a look at the 986 PET and ordered all the parts that I could find that related to the brackets. I have those in hand now, but when I popped the front trunk and looked at their placement some questions arose. In the 2003-04 Boxsters, Porsche added some plastic trim pieces to the rear sill of the front trunk (right behind where the spare mounts to), and it looks like I might need to cut a few notches to fit these brackets.

Before I jump to that conclusion, I'm wondering if anyone who has a 2003-04 Boxster with the OEM amplifier and CD-changer would mind snapping a few pictures for me?

Specifically I'd like some close-up pictures showing how the lower portion of these brackets fit into/on-top-of/around these plastic trim pieces on that sill. Would anyone mind helping me out with this aspect of my DIY project? TIA

Spyder_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:55 PM   #2

Garage
I have an 04S with Amp but not the CD changer. I can send some pics tomorrow if you would like.
Rickvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickvd View Post
I have an 04S with Amp but not the CD changer. I can send some pics tomorrow if you would like.

Yes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder_Man is offline   Reply With Quote