Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2020, 04:06 AM   #21
Side Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdaddy View Post
How did it go???

I considered that option but went with the std 987 mount. My old mount was original and cracked but the new 987 rubber actually seems softer.
Perhaps this is because the old one was dried out. I ended up buying a powerflex insert. Thought it would protect the new mount and wasn't considerably more costly than a new set of side spacers -- which were also needed. My original side spacers were in remarkably good condition and I tried modifying the holes to accommodate the newer mount's "egg shaped" bolt locations but decided the spacers were too thin and generally didn't fit well enough. This is the street insert I chose: https://www.powerflexusa.com/shop/product/pfr57-521-porsche-boxster-986-987-cayman-987-front-engine-mount-bushing-insert-3775

Will hopefully arrive soon. I've had my Boxster on jack stands for nearly six weeks for what was originally an IMS, RMS, and clutch job but ended up also replacing the AOS, water pump, coolant tank, transmission input/output seals, exhaust bolt hardware, etc. Well over half of that time was degreasing and and waiting for parts...
I haven't gotten to the motor mount just yet. I have been sanding my wheels for paint. Next is to diagnose if my AOS is still having problems(it was just replaced 5 miles ago). I have a manometer to test it now instead of just replacing it.

Mine is also sitting on jack stands and I have a Boxsters trunk worth of parts to install