Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2020, 11:43 PM   #1

What is this interior color?

I’ve searched all over to figure this out and I have no idea. There isn’t one mention of the code anywhere I’ve found. So perhaps someone out there for certain. I’m thinking of dying my carpet with Leather Magic and doing LSeats and want to know what will get a decent match.

For some reason it won’t let me upload the pic of my trunk tag. It says;
L6A6 X2

Thanks for your help.
-J

Junkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:46 PM   #2

LSeats UV protection?

misplaced post.

Last edited by Junkley; 04-08-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:50 AM   #3

What year is your car? It's possible you have "leather to sample"?

Here are some of the "common reds" and the Porsche code:

P977 Terracotta
P928 Can Can Red
P974 Boxster Red
P986 Carrera Red
P3171 Red
P939 Lobster
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:59 AM   #4

L6A6 Shows up as an exterior color for 2001 Meridian Pearl Metallic. (per google)

Any other numbers on the tag?

-Eric
Eric-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:52 AM   #5
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
Rennbow

PCA has been working on this project for quite awhile. This is a great resource for exterior colors. Maybe help with interior as well.

https://rennbow.org/
rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-986 View Post
L6A6 Shows up as an exterior color for 2001 Meridian Pearl Metallic. (per google)

Any other numbers on the tag?

-Eric
There’s X2 in the interior position but I found nothing about it.

It is possible the car is interior to sample. This car has a ton of options.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:15 AM   #7
A Porsche Guy

L6A6 is Meridian and X2 means interior is black. Porsche has since updated the color code to L6A7 in the later models of the Carerra that share this color.

Last edited by 1PorscheBoxster986; 04-08-2020 at 09:20 AM.
1PorscheBoxster986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PorscheBoxster986 View Post
L6A6 is Meridian and X2 means interior is black. Porsche has since updated the color code to L6A7 in the later models of the Carerra that share this color.
My interior is not black, it’s a form of red. and has a full leather dash, door cards, etcetera. I’m third owner, second owner only had the car for two weeks and didn’t change anything so definitely factory.

Where did you find that X2 means black? I didn’t come up with that in any search.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcramer View Post
PCA has been working on this project for quite awhile. This is a great resource for exterior colors. Maybe help with interior as well.

https://rennbow.org/
I didn’t see anything about interiors here.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #10
Damn Yankee

Garage
The codes you provide (L6A6 X2) are exterior color codes for Meridian Metallic.

If your interior is red, chances are very good it is Boxster Red, as that is the only factory red interior offered on the 2001 Boxster. It was a $2000 option, so there should be a code for it on the sticker.

Either post a pic of the actual sticker, or list all the option codes here and someone should be able to verify.

Just sayin'........

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:15 AM   #11
A Porsche Guy

Hey Junkley, I just realize something I forgot years ago prior to replying to this post. I originally thought X2 means Black Partial Leather Seats because of my setup. The option sticker underneath the frunk says X2 for interior color and it made sense at that time.

I forgot that when I pulled up a build sheet generator a few years back that X2 also means Meridian Metallic according to it and AJ means Black Partial Leather Seats. I will remember this now moving forward thanks partially to you.

This build sheet is pretty accurate based on my research of my own vehicle's history and cross checking references so I hope it will help you.

You can use it to find out more about your car. The website was introduced by another member here or by a member of rennlist.

https://vinanalytics.com/
1PorscheBoxster986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PorscheBoxster986 View Post
Hey Junkley, I just realize something I forgot years ago prior to replying to this post. I originally thought X2 means Black Partial Leather Seats because of my setup. The option sticker underneath the frunk says X2 for interior color and it made sense at that time.

I forgot that when I pulled up a build sheet generator a few years back that X2 also means Meridian Metallic according to it and AJ means Black Partial Leather Seats. I will remember this now moving forward thanks partially to you.

This build sheet is pretty accurate based on my research of my own vehicle's history and cross checking references so I hope it will help you.

You can use it to find out more about your car. The website was introduced by another member here or by a member of rennlist.

https://vinanalytics.com/
I’ll try it. Thank you. In previous searches I came up with meridian listed as L6A6 AND X2 for meridian. They were for totally different cars so I assumed this was coincidence.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:35 AM   #13

OK, let's post pictures, already.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
OK, let's post pictures, already.
I keep trying and site says can only be jpeg. But they are jpeg. Ugh.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:59 AM   #15
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkley View Post
I keep trying and site says can only be jpeg. But they are jpeg. Ugh.
Make the pics smaller. I use Paint... and reduce the size of the photo by 50%. There is a size limit to what this platform will allow you to upload. Please, don't be that guy who posts a photo so large that I have to use the scroll bar for five minutes to get to the other side of the photo.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Make the pics smaller. I use Paint... and reduce the size of the photo by 50%. There is a size limit to what this platform will allow you to upload. Please, don't be that guy who posts a photo so large that I have to use the scroll bar for five minutes to get to the other side of the photo.
I did reduce below the two meg limit. It still doesn’t work.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:40 AM   #17

Garage
When I first joined I had trouble posting jpegs of my car from my iPad. For some reason the forum software doesn’t play nice with IOS. I was able to post images from my android phone though, and I believe I have since posted from my windows desktop.
Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
When I first joined I had trouble posting jpegs of my car from my iPad. For some reason the forum software doesn’t play nice with IOS. I was able to post images from my android phone though, and I believe I have since posted from my windows desktop.
It is still impossible to post pics directly from my iPad or iPhone no matter what browser, converter, format or picture size I use. This forces me to use Tapatalk for making a post with pictures. The Pelican forums are the only forums I participate in that have this problem.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:58 AM   #19

I do basically everything from my iPhone so that must be it.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #20
jcp

I have found that when using my iPhone, I can post pics by selecting ’Go Advanced’ and using the ’older method’ located at the bottom of the page.

jcp is offline   Reply With Quote