986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Whassup, Boxster peeps? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/76923-whassup-boxster-peeps.html)

RandallNeighbour 12-30-2019 01:35 PM

Whassup, Boxster peeps?

It's been FOREVER since I've been on this forum so I thought I'd pop in and say hello and let you know something important:

"THE BLACK HOLE FOR DEAD PRESIDENTS" IS STILL IN MY POSSESSION and I still drive it regularly.

After replacing just about every stupid part on the vehicle since purchased in 2004, it has been a very reliable car. I did just have to spend nearly a grand on spark plugs and coil packs because one was cracked and throwing the dreaded blinking CE light.

By the way, I joined this forum when some of our younger forum members were still in diapers! Wow do I feel old. Time flies when you're throwing good money into your old Porsche :)

itsnotanova 12-30-2019 01:39 PM

Wow it's like return of the living dead around here. First Fred, now Randall's back on the forum. Who's next?

Nine8Six 12-30-2019 03:52 PM

Wow indeed!!! All what's left is the Danger Mobile to park-in the forum, that'd be cool!

Welcome back Randall! Good to see you and the B.H.F.D.P. back and doing good.

tommy583 12-30-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 609058)
Wow it's like return of the living dead around here. First Fred, now Randall's back on the forum. Who's next?

Hopefully not that tool Mr.JonathanLanda

Maybe Big Jake will come back and Johnny Danger too.

itsnotanova 12-30-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy583 (Post 609083)

I'd love to have Mr.JonathanLanda come back but that guy who made fun of him would have to come back too

husker boxster 12-31-2019 05:24 AM

Hello Randall, welcome back!

I was just thinking about Big Jake on Sat watching the OSU-Clemson game. Hopefully his studies are going well.

Johnny Danger transmitted a msg a few wks ago in the Off Topic section, so he's still around.

Frodo 12-31-2019 05:49 AM

Welcome back Randall! Good to hear from you old man, and great to hear you've still got the ol' gal running! How many miles you got on that thing now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 609058)

Dating myself...
Would love to hear from insite, Tool Pants. Very informative guys. And Grizzly! Especially Griz.

And, yes, even Mr.JonathanLanda! So entertaining! And what a wonderfully easy target he was!!! :D

BruceH 12-31-2019 07:52 AM

Wow, old home week around here :D Good to hear from you Randall!

thstone 12-31-2019 10:18 AM

Hey, welcome back! Its like the band is getting back together! Good to see (read) all of the old faces.

rick3000 12-31-2019 10:27 AM

Welcome Back Randall! :cheers:

Glad people are still enjoying their 986's! Now we just need djomlas to show up and post pictures of his Ocean Jade 986 with some new mod.

RandallNeighbour 01-09-2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 609093)
Welcome back Randall! Good to hear from you old man, and great to hear you've still got the ol' gal running! How many miles you got on that thing now?

You know, I have not driven the car much in the last few years because I'm working out of the house now and I don't drive my F150 much either. I estimate my mileage is at 125,000 now. After three cluster replacements, it gets fuzzy since I didn't keep copious notes on the mileage of each new-to-me cluster.

And I might have mentioned it above, but I am still battling the endless vibration problem I've had since I bought the car. New wheels and tires and motor mounts did reduce it a lot, but I just can't get rid of it and it's not much fun to drive on the freeway at consistent 65-75 mph.

JayG 01-09-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy583 (Post 609083)

+986 on that

Jake should have graduated college by now as well. It would be cool to see how he is doing

Wonder what Timco is up to

Finnegan 01-09-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour (Post 609055)
It's been FOREVER since I've been on this forum so I thought I'd pop in and say hello and let you know something important:

"THE BLACK HOLE FOR DEAD PRESIDENTS" IS STILL IN MY POSSESSION and I still drive it regularly.

'97 Boxster (Black Hole for 42,000 Dead Presidents and counting) - 122k

42,000 dead presidents? That seems like a lot of dead presidents for a 23 year old car..

husker boxster 01-09-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnegan (Post 609707)
42,000 dead presidents? That seems like a lot of dead presidents for a 23 year old car..

But at the time, it was the cheapest Boxster for sale on the Internet (to steal a line from Hoovie). :D