986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   May Get A New Car. (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/7678-may-get-new-car.html)

blkboxster 10-08-2006 04:41 PM

May Get A New Car.

well since winter is comming im deciding to get a hummer h3,becasue the boxster sucks in winter.Does anybody else in this forum have an h3.And what kind of deals can i get with the year end clearance.

redman12 10-08-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkboxster
well since winter is comming im deciding to get a hummer h3,becasue the boxster sucks in winter.Does anybody else in this forum have an h3.And what kind of deals can i get with the year end clearance.

Why don't you just get a cheap secondary car for winter :rolleyes:

Rail26 10-08-2006 05:29 PM

H3? I think that is more of a chick vehicle than a VW cabriolet! The only people driving those in El Paso are soccer moms and overweight female government workers. Why not go for a used Cayenne, Toureg or Land Rover?

blkboxster 10-08-2006 05:49 PM

Good point.. i see what else i should get. :)

Marc Gelefsky 10-08-2006 07:29 PM

The H3 is really underpowered!
You really need a truck?
How about a nice Audi quattro instead

drburton 10-09-2006 07:18 AM

My two cents, I have a Touareg and love it. Sweet ride. Gotta get the V8 though, the V6 is underpowered for the weight of the vehicle.

If you consider one and have any questions, let me know.

cfos 10-09-2006 07:23 AM

If you want to get a new/used car, be my guest. Personally, I think the Boxster does fine in the winter when equipped with winter tires.

ohioboxster 10-09-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
H3? I think that is more of a chick vehicle than a VW cabriolet! The only people driving those in El Paso are soccer moms and overweight female government workers. Why not go for a used Cayenne, Toureg or Land Rover?

Thats funny, me and a couple of guys were talking about the VW cab being a chick car just last night.

Porschekid 10-09-2006 09:54 AM

I have an A4 2.8 Quattro... I love it.

johnsonrj74 10-09-2006 11:22 AM

I suppose it depends where you live but the boxster never leaks and has great heating- so, at least in North Cal, it's fine as a winter car...just stay out of the mountains!

If you want an SUV what about the Nissan Murano?...great car for a great price (I'll keep my Boxster though!)

JackG 10-09-2006 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschekid
I have an A4 2.8 Quattro... I love it.

My wife has an A6 S-line 2.7 twin-turbo quattro... fun car.

super66 10-10-2006 11:09 AM

wife has a murano....it sucks compared to my boxster!!!! I put on the winter tires in Illinois and I'm money! no need to go for a different car....all joking aside the murano is great, but not compared to the boxster....I'm nervous to test drive a cayene becuase if it handles remotely like a box, the murano would be gone!

bmussatti 10-10-2006 11:23 AM

Here's a nice Hummer for the winter:

Perfectlap 10-10-2006 12:48 PM

winter car? AWD? SUBARU STI!
(you would have the coolest garage on the block)

ok so you don't want to look like boy racer?
Infinti SUV thing. Sound very cool looks great in their version of seal grey with
some espresso colored seats.

Rail26 10-10-2006 07:33 PM

Here is the new H4....

IowaS 10-11-2006 05:17 AM

My wife and I just got an Acura RDX, for a SUV (kinda) it sure is a fun car to drive if you were looking new......

Brucelee 10-11-2006 05:44 AM

Buy an older Wrangler with a 5 speed. Beat the P.. out of it and have fun.

BuffaloBoxster 10-11-2006 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaS
My wife and I just got an Acura RDX, for a SUV (kinda) it sure is a fun car to drive if you were looking new......

I really liked the Mazda CX-7 better. The transmission in the Acura is slooooowwww. But it does have a very nice interior and all the techie toys. The electroluminescent gauges are really cool. Balance that against a good $6k in price premium over the Mazda. If I was going to spend north of $35k the only choice for me would be the Infiniti FX35. That's a hell of an SUV.

IowaS 10-11-2006 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffaloBoxster
I really liked the Mazda CX-7 better. The transmission in the Acura is slooooowwww. But it does have a very nice interior and all the techie toys. The electroluminescent gauges are really cool. Balance that against a good $6k in price premium over the Mazda. If I was going to spend north of $35k the only choice for me would be the Infiniti FX35. That's a hell of an SUV.

We looked at the CX-7, it just didn't do it for us and after driving both I thought the RDX was a better performer..the transmission especially when shifting with the paddles leaves a bit to be desired, but I rarely use them anyway...my personal opinion is they are stupid to have on this type of car/SUV anyway... We have only had it for a little over a month but have really enjoyed it.

Pilot2519j 10-12-2006 06:43 PM

Audi Allroad is my suggestion

Thats what we drive for going skiing. Personally an SUV is waste of gas since you are always moving over 5000 lbs. and get real poor mileage, only exception is if you have a large family. Regarding driven the comment of winter driving in a Boxster, I have driven my Boxster in the snow for three years with Continental winter set 17" and have not been stopped so far. You need the winter tires since the high performance tires are super poor in snow.The problem in NY is the side streets since highways get cleared right away.