Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2006, 04:19 AM   #1

aftermarket installation problem, help!

I am one of those with a base boxster with no factory alarm. Took the Box to a DEI dealer had had their top of the line Viper system installed. The remote of the alarm pages me up to a mile away with a visual of what part of the car is being triggered .

When I went to pick up the car, I was told that the front and back lids (hood/trunk) could not be wired/protected because there was no pin. After thinking about it, this could not be correct because obviously the factory sytem protects these parts and both compartments have an interior light that comes on when the hood or trunk are opened so there is obviously some type of switch....

I spent over $500 on the system so am a bit annoyed with this, so if someone could advise..In addition, because they had to remove the drivers seat to install the module, it set of the airbag light. They did call the local dealer whom they said they do alot of work for, to have them turn this off for me.

I plan on taking the car back to have them do the install properly..am i right that the hood/trunk can be wired individually?

Thanks.

docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:40 AM   #2

if the front and rear trunks have courtesy lamps that come on when they're opened and the system you had installed has a standard electrical current change trigger, they'll be covered.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #3

thanks..thats what i thought...

docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote