Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2006, 02:37 AM   #1

opening gas flap- '04 S

Hi,

I just took delivery of my new-used '04 Boxster S last night. Unfortunately, the manual was missing (replacement on order, but will take a week). I have a few newbie questions I am hoping someone can help me with..

How do you open the gas flap? Both doors are unlocked and it still won't open.

When I get in the car without putting the key in the ignition the alarm goes off. Do I have to put the key in the ignition first everytime?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Tony986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony986
Hi,

I just took delivery of my new-used '04 Boxster S last night. Unfortunately, the manual was missing (replacement on order, but will take a week). I have a few newbie questions I am hoping someone can help me with..

How do you open the gas flap? Both doors are unlocked and it still won't open.

When I get in the car without putting the key in the ignition the alarm goes off. Do I have to put the key in the ignition first everytime?

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Gas flap - on mine with the doors unlocked you just press the front part of the flap to lever it open, does yours resist?

Alarm - disarm it byt locking/unocking with the remote or turning the ignition on. The alarm is live once you leave the car so you need to do something to "prove" to the car it's you I suppose.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:24 AM   #3

Gas cap has an actuator that should release when either door is unlocked..
docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:15 AM   #4

I believe you have a bad ignition switch. There is a manual release inside the passenger door.
Breezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:17 AM   #5

When you pulled the cord, one of two things will happen. The lid will open or ...

Last edited by Breezer; 10-08-2006 at 05:20 AM.
Breezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #6

Thanks all!!! 2nd gear question

Thanks for the advice, worked like a charm.

I took it out for a drive today and noticed that 2nd gear is tricky to get into.
I had to really to push the clutch in to the floor to ensure that I didn't grind (unfortunately missed a few times). But it requires much more effort to get into 2nd than any other gear. I made sure I drove it for a bit to ensure that temps were normal and it would still miss 2nd.

I'm bringing it in for a 15k service and I will have the fluids flushed and filled but was wondering if anyone had any other advice?

Tony986 is offline   Reply With Quote