Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2019, 06:16 PM   #1
01 Seal Gray 986 S

Codes without lights

I recently purchased a Foxwell NT530 since my innova 3100 j+ seemed to be absolutely useless with my 01s. I am also new to the car in general having only owned it for 2-3 weeks now, so i know very little of it's history.

In running a full scan of all systems I see the following codes in the scanner

Airbag System: id: 03 Description: DTC---Airbag warning supply

Alarm System: id 47, Description: DTC---Control locking synchronization
Alarm System: id 61, Description: DTC---Central locking limit position Unlock not reached
Alarm System: id 33, Description: DTC---Passenger compartment monitoring sensor
Alarm System: id 60, Description: DTC---Central locking limit position Lock not reached
Alarm System: id 42, Description: DTC---Wrong key or wrong transponder pill

What i find interesting is that there are no lights on my dashboard once the car is started (they all light up when i put the key in and turn it to run without starting). I think the foxwell can reset these but have not tried because I am a bit confused on why i do not see a light on the dash now.

Is it normal for codes to be stored without dash lights for airbag or alarm to illuminated?

-Brian

bg305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #2

alarm codes will not show any lights. Some airbag codes will light the airbag light, but the one you have doesn't since it is just a warning, not a fault/error. Not sure if the foxwell will clear those but I know the durametric can.
2002 996 (SOLD)
1986 944 (gone but missed)
Stl-986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:03 PM   #3
01 Seal Gray 986 S

it let me clear the airbag one, so i did.. will see if it resurfaces. It could not clear the alarm ones however.

I think the alarm works (I can press lock on the fob, lights blink twice, unlock when i return they blink once, car locks and unlocks. I also had the alarm go off once when i closed one of the trunks) So I am guessing they are just accumulated codes over the cars 18+ year life..

Thank you!

bg305 is offline   Reply With Quote