Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2019, 03:19 PM   #1

Recommended Shop in Northern CA Bay Area???

I'm closing in on getting my first Boxster, I hope, LOL. It will be a MY '03S or '04S, with a Tip. In general I've been looking at cars with 70K to 90K miles. Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop in (or near) the Berkeley/Orinda/Walnut Creek area? I will need a shop that can do a PPI/Compression, Leakdown test, along with future repairs that I can't take care of myself. Two different shops would be OK if there is a good reason. My current best guess is Pacific Power Motorsports in Walnut Creek, but that's only based on yelp. All comments, suggestions, and help are appreciated. Thanks!

dsjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:02 PM   #2

Throwing this back to the top, hoping for some local success stories. I looked at an '03 S Tip with ~90K miles today that is in really nice shape. No smoke at cold startup, light vacuum at the oil fill tube when running, and a coolant tank that looks pretty new (pale white, not yellowed at all). Sadly, there are no maintenance records, so I want to do a PPI for sure. Thanks!
dsjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:28 PM   #3

Kahler’s German Auto in Dublin. I’ve never been there but others from PCA use that shop.
cantdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:33 AM   #4

Back in the day I worked next to S Car Go in San Rafael, they had a fantastic reputation.

OneBoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote