Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2019, 05:48 AM   #1
Who's askin'?

CDR23 doesn't "Remember" sound settings

Hi y'all. a search hasn't netted me anything on this, so maybe someone ha some ideas?

My '03 S has the MOST system in it, with the CDR23.
I've discovered an odd behavior with the "SOUND" settings; BASS / TREBLE and BALANCE / FADER. I have to reset it each time I go for a drive. It doesn't "remember" those settings. It DOES however remember the station presets..... which seems odd to me.
Most of the time I don't use the stereo, as I prefer listening to the exhaust and the motor. So I really don't know if this behavior is new, or if it has been doing it for the entire year I've owned it. ??

Have any of y'all seen this before? Any ideas?

TIA

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:28 AM   #2

I will give mine a check, and report back. I have the same year and radio. It's funny that the radio remembers the station presets even when the battery is disconnected, but if I program out the "No TP" beeps, they come back after disconnecting the battery and the radio has to be reset to make them go away. In 16 years of ownership I have only once experienced my radio broadcast being interrupted with an actual traffic report!
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
I will give mine a check, and report back. I have the same year and radio. It's funny that the radio remembers the station presets even when the battery is disconnected, but if I program out the "No TP" beeps, they come back after disconnecting the battery and the radio has to be reset to make them go away. In 16 years of ownership I have only once experienced my radio broadcast being interrupted with an actual traffic report!
Right?!?!? I get it.... weird.

Please let me know what you find out on the SOUND settings?
Old 05-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #4

Will do it on my way home from work tonight and report back!
Old 05-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #5

Mine seems to remember the sound settings. I’ve had the bass and treble set to 3 for a while and Loud on. Tonight I put the fader 3 to the rear and turned GAL on. Stopped for gas and shut the car off. Everything stayed the same when I restarted the car. When I got home I shut the car off, turned the key back in and rechecked it all and nothing had changed. There may be a way to do something with the radio to reset this function for you, like the way the TP Beeping can be shut off which involves putting a cd in the radio, shutting it off and then hitting the TP button after turning the radio back on to bring up a secret menu. Maybe Becker can help you out if you give them a call
Old 05-09-2019, 07:33 PM   #6
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Mine seems to remember the sound settings. I’ve had the bass and treble set to 3 for a while and Loud on. Tonight I put the fader 3 to the rear and turned GAL on. Stopped for gas and shut the car off. Everything stayed the same when I restarted the car. When I got home I shut the car off, turned the key back in and rechecked it all and nothing had changed. There may be a way to do something with the radio to reset this function for you, like the way the TP Beeping can be shut off which involves putting a cd in the radio, shutting it off and then hitting the TP button after turning the radio back on to bring up a secret menu. Maybe Becker can help you out if you give them a call
Thanks Paul! I'll keep digging.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2019, 12:44 AM   #7

So the radio stations stay and the rest of the settings are volatile. That is odd indeed.

The circuit board doesn't contain a buffer battery, so i assume it's a failed cap.