Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2019, 12:02 PM   #1

M535 to replace M531

Hi All,
I've searched the forums, but I'm not sure if I have all the info I need.

From what I've read, the M535 and the M531 immobilizers are somewhat interchangeable. And from what I can see, if I go from M531 to M535, I don't have to shave the tabs on my connector. I'd only have to do that is I was going vice-versa.

Is there anything else I need to do? (besides, of course, pulling the memory and programming the replacement immobilizer)

Also, since the M535 is an upgrade, would that mean that if I wanted to I could add key fobs? If so, I notice there's an antenna fitting on the M535, where does the antenna and wire go? Is it something that could easily be taken from a donor?

The key fob and antenna thing isn't that important, I'm most concerned about whether there's anything else I need to do to make an M535 replace an M531.

Thanks in advance!

piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:00 AM   #2

UPDATE:

Well, I actually did have to shave the tabs on the connector, but it seemed to work!! Car starts & runs, and power windows and interior lights now work as well!

However, the frunk release doesn't work (rear does) and neither do the power mirrors. I'm assuming these are not tied into the Immo. Does anyone know for sure?

EDIT:

So I found a wiring diagram and the Frunk release is, in fact, tied into the Immo. But since the rear works, I'm wondering if that issue is something other than the Immo. I don't see any sign the that mirror adjustment is tied to the Immo, though.

Last edited by piper6909; 04-23-2019 at 10:27 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote