Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #1

Fuel Delivery Services

Wondering if any one here uses a fuel delivery service such as Booster Fuel, Yoshi, etc. What issues you run into with them such as I know Porsches lock there fuel doors etc. Also I noticed Yoshi offers car washing services. Sounds like a good idea.

Here at our dealership we are about to sign up for a fuel delivery service. Which on a larger scale makes sense.

Qckslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckslvr View Post
Wondering if any one here uses a fuel delivery service such as Booster Fuel, Yoshi, etc. What issues you run into with them such as I know Porsches lock there fuel doors etc. Also I noticed Yoshi offers car washing services. Sounds like a good idea.

Here at our dealership we are about to sign up for a fuel delivery service. Which on a larger scale makes sense.
Suggest you read the reviews of these services, which are not that great on price, service, and hours of operation. Both also use fuel formulations designed for el cheapo outlets like Costco, and not your frontline suppliers. Their business model is based upon convenience and not necessarily value. There have also been questions about how fresh the fuel they deliver are. May not be the bargain you are looking for...….

Last edited by JFP in PA; 02-22-2019 at 09:15 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckslvr View Post

I don't think I'd do it on my own car, maybe for a dealership it's a decent idea. It doesn't have to be first rate, it's probably a one off fill. And it does save labor costs and emissions.

I don't buy the expensive gas everytime, every other tank gets Chevron with Techron. The cheaper gas gets a proper dose of Techron, I buy it by the quart at Autozone. My own experience is that its good stuff, my ancient Dodge Dakota used to ping like crazy, over the past 25,000 miles it has stopped. Cleaning the fuel system does help and it keeps the fuel level sensor clear of deposits.

Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote