Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
porsche986

Thumbs up New tyres question

Last year porsche replaced my front tyres and my rear tyres when it was in the garage for a service. Nowi have done around 21,000 sincelast year. Now i know what your thinking 21,000 miles in one year! how is that!!! Well i am self employed ad have alot of spare time so whats better that crusing in a boxster around the country! Anyways i got pulled by the cops last week to find my tyres are border line.. no fine or points PHEW!

Now i was gutted about this as they were just replaced a year ago but oh well time to get some really good tyres.

I have ordered a set of pirellis rosso N3 255/50 r17 z
also for the back i have ordered a set of pirelli rossoN3 255/40 r17 z

This is going to cost about £710 fully fitted thats about $1,326 i think. Now this isnt to bad really as they are great tyres. But the best is yet to come. I have also ordered a set of AMAZING wheels. I jus love the standard boxster wheels and have ordered a set from france which should be here tomorrow. So i will post a picture of them tomorrow for you guys! The colour is GREAT! I didnt really want new wheels but i couldnt let it pass by as i have never seen boxster wheels like these!

Also what do you think the best tyres are as after all they are the only thing between us and the road! Do you think i have ordered a nice set of tyres or have a made a HUGE mistake! According to porsche these tyres spread the heat.

I wanna hear you ideas guys!
Quote:
Loves to hear the boxster groan when accelerating

Old 02-10-2004, 06:43 PM   #2

I have Bridgestone SO3s, great tire. About $600 for 4 here in the US where I got them about a year ago. Have about 17,000 miles on them, still lots of thread left and they run well. Though they are not N rated, I am very happy with them. Good in the wet too. Not that we get much of that here in Southern California. They are still quiet after all those miles, no annoying road noise from them yet.

mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote