Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2023, 06:44 PM   #1

Back with 99 2.5

Sold the 996 C4S to get this Boxster. Convertible was a huge factor and the cost per fun factor just made sense.
I want to make the car a little more masculine but still trying to figure out how. Looking for Some subtle exterior change and maybe some big red brakes, stiffer sway bars and a different exhaust tip. Don’t think I want to lower, been there, done that. Having a tiptronic makes it a bit more of a challenge (thought my wife would use, mistake). Anyone have suggestions, I’m all ears. Car is guards Red, tan interior with 17” twist wheels.
A great little car.
Thanks.

DWBOX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 05:55 AM   #2

Over the years I've developed an "automatic" upgrade on any early Boxster I buy.

- Spacers. 15mm in front, 20mm rear. This fill out the wheel openings quite nicely w/ factory 17" wheels.
- Exhaust tip - Eisenmann. Was a factory option on the earlier Boxsters. It simply slides on over the existing tip and gives the appearance of a beefier exhaust. Simple bolt on. There's several on eBay now from $50-$100.
- Clear corner markers w/ an orange bulb.
- Clear headlights from a later 986 or 996. Get rid of the scrambled egg look.
- Later model (2003-2004) red/clear taillights or solid red 2004 550SE taillights (my favorite)
- Speedster humps can give the car some character too.

All the above give a nice refreshed look to a '99 and the wheel spacers give it a more aggressive stance.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:48 AM   #3

If you really want to go masculine, how about a patina wrap or real patina?

Bush Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote