Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #1

DSP removal. How do I get the speakers to work?

I have added the Aux. input cord from Becker to the spot that was occupied by the CD changer in my '01 Boxster S. Everything worked great initially. But once I disconnected the wiring harness from the Digital Sound Processor, the speakers no longer work at all. (I took it out because I didn't use it, and the equalizer on my iPod works fine for my needs. And removing the DSP allowed me to install the GT3 delete.)

Has anyone had to deal with this? I was thinking simply bridging a couple of the wires in the wiring harness that went from the stereo to the DSP would work. But I would hate for any unforeseen electrical snafoos to short out my stereo. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

pacific986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #2

Smile

I have been told that you can not just disconnect the DSP controller. I was hoping to do the same thing you're trying. You'll need to reconnect it and possibly try and hide it up and out of the way. But since you got this far, please let us know if you figure it out. Pretty sure the amp needs that controller. You could maybe try switching to a different amp.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #3

Garage
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by humara View Post
I have been told that you can not just disconnect the DSP controller. I was hoping to do the same thing you're trying. You'll need to reconnect it and possibly try and hide it up and out of the way. But since you got this far, please let us know if you figure it out. Pretty sure the amp needs that controller. You could maybe try switching to a different amp.
Jumper Pins 2 and 6 on the DSP connector.

Sorry 'bout the bad focus

'56 356A
Tailwind is offline   Reply With Quote