Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2018, 07:35 PM   #1

Another door window question

I searched on this but thought I would ask. 2003 and when the passenger door is opened the window drops. Sometimes when you close the door the window rises up before you close it. Micro switch?

SlowernOlder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:00 AM   #2

Likely the "door closed" micro switch internal to the door lock assembly. I had to recently replace the door lock assembly on my 996 (same as the 986 in this respect) and this solved this issue. I've just had the same thing happen today on the other door, so it looks like I am going to have to replace it too.

BTW, I used a VW Golf Mk5 assembly rather than the Genuine Porsche unit as I could purchase the VW assembly for a fraction of the cost of the Porsche unit. I had to transfer one small external part of the Porsche assembly across to the VW unit, but otherwise it is identical. Look for 3D1 837 015 (Left) or 3D1 837 016 (Right) for LHD cars.

Swap the part circled from the Porsche assembly to the VW assembly:

Last edited by Oggie; 12-22-2018 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Oggie is offline   Reply With Quote