Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 08:35 AM   #1

Garage
Headlight mounting bracket

Think I might have broke my headlight mounting bracket where the plug is at, or perhaps the locking clip or perhaps I just don't know how to lock it.
I can't seem to figure it out in the space that is provided, so I was going to remove the mounting bracket and it seems like there is enough play in the wires to take a look at it while it is pulled out a bit.
My question is how to I take the mounting bracket out? Do I need a little Torx driver or do I start spinning those big nut things? I'd hate to mess with something if it is just a leveler.
1997 986

Aaaaack! It's sideways!

CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
You can cut off the section that holds the plug. There is just enough space to out your hand in and press it onto the back of the lamp unit as you slide it back. Cut it low enough that there is enough slack.
edc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:33 PM   #3

Garage
Solid idea, but I've been having thoughts of selling it in the next year or two and don't want to add to list of stuff that I half-fixed.

I decided to play around with it and taking off the big nut things (19mm) worked. Was able to pull it out and get the plug in the hole and locked it down. Guess I didn't break anything as I have two functioning headlights now.

CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote