Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #1

Exclamation Car stuttering...Bad MAF? Engine Misfiring, help! (Fault code P0300, P0301, P0302, an

Hey guys, so my 986 has become stuttery, and struggling to accelerate, I read a few bits online that said cleaning the throttle body and Mass Air Flow Sensor could help, so I removed the plenum and throttle body and gave them a good clean, also removed the MAF and gave that a clean with MAF cleaner, fitted everything back in place and started the car and unfortunately it now sounded like it was misfiring! 😬

I also read that you can run the car without the MAF connected and see if it improves, so I disconnected the MAF and drove around the block, the car didn't seem to struggle accelerating at all and definitely performed better!

So I ordered a new MAF sensor online, as I assumed that would hopefully fix the problem, the sensor arrived today and I fitted it in place in the engine/intake tube, took the car for a quick spin...and the problem is still there! 🤬

I'm now also now getting the fault codes P0300, P0301, P0302, and P0303... 

Does anyone have any experience with similar issues and know a potential fix? Also any idea why it would seemingly run OK without the MAF?

Thanks! 🙏

Dan Mumford is offline   Reply With Quote