Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2018, 11:04 AM   #1

Brombacher sound on Order

Well finally pulled the trigger on my sound version muffler. Delivery about 2 weeks got a discount due to technical difficulties with the checkout process on their web page. Thinking of going with a set of eBay sport cats when I have the muffler installed, any opinions? Follow up mods will be plenum and software maybe headers.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
Exhaust manifolds will make the biggest difference power wise and let the engine rev more freely.
edc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 01:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edc View Post
Exhaust manifolds will make the biggest difference power wise and let the engine rev more freely.
Was my thoughts as well. I think in the end it will be headers and the 200 cell cats, just do a full upgrade. Trying to spread out the purchases. I also just located a shop in Sevilla that has a dyno 80 euros per test, so I think in Sep before i start the engine mods will have a base line pull, then after the mods try to gather real data.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Well finally pulled the trigger on my sound version muffler. Delivery about 2 weeks got a discount due to technical difficulties with the checkout process on their web page. Thinking of going with a set of eBay sport cats when I have the muffler installed, any opinions? Follow up mods will be plenum and software maybe headers.
Good luck!
I am off to my mechanic to install in an hours time - will let you know how it turned out!
Old 08-02-2018, 07:25 AM   #5

Garage
You will love the sound! I installed this muffler several years ago and added cat delete pipes to turn up the volume a little more and I love the way the car sounds every time I drive it. Pure Porsche flat 6 on acceleration and no drone on highway cruising.
Very interested to see dyno results.
MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Have you got it yet?
I will be very interested to hear your rating!
Old 08-16-2018, 06:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruich10 View Post
Have you got it yet?
I will be very interested to hear your rating!
No hasn't arrived I am at a military APO address and the mail is pretty slow. I expect it to arrive maybe sometime next week.