Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2018, 08:57 AM   #1

even more maintenance

Hi Chaps
Well iv had the gearbox oil changed and it seems quicker into 2nd now. Also had the brake fluid changed.

My mechanic told me at the last service that although the osr outer CV boot want split it was looking a bit perished so got that done too. He ended up doing inner and outer boots as the inner one wasnt much better.

I was there when he had the hub off and both top and bottom ball joints seals are past it too. Slight movement on the top one but none on bottom. I thought I could here a slight chatter back there now and then. So it needs these arms replacing at sometime then re tracking.

Also he says the discs and pad will need doing next year.

Still well within the £1000 per year I budget for things like this so not a problem.

Peter

YellowS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #2

Garage
How many miles or KMs? May need fuel filter change, oil, oil filter, cabin filter, belt, air filter also.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
How many miles or KMs? May need fuel filter change, oil, oil filter, cabin filter, belt, air filter also.
Hi Ciao, Its done 101k, just had all these changed at 100k service

Dont get me wrong the car is a total minter and probably as close to concourse as a daily driver that lives outside can be.

Had her just over 2 years and in all that time apart form servicing the only money iv spent is on improving her cosmetically. ie wheels powder coated, callipers repainted and new decals, new boxster S badge to chrome effect one, red seatbelts, rear bumper repaint due to a small bit of lacquer peel.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #4

As I cant see myself ever wanting to change her I instruct my mechanic to always give her a proper inspection underneath whenever he has her up on the ramps and
let me know what he thinks will need doing and when.

He is a proper old school mechanic (a bit like Ed China) who goes round and clear greases all joints and bolts underneath etc just incase they need to come off in the future.

She looks amazing outside and inside but I want whats under the skin to be in great condition too.

Last edited by YellowS2000; 07-17-2018 at 08:55 AM.