Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2018, 07:22 PM   #1

How does this door connector come apart?

I am removing the passenger door and can't get this main connector undone. I've already unscrewed the one screw on the bottom and tried prying them apart but they won't budge. Heeeeellllllpppp!

1999_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:52 PM   #2

Just a guess here, but it kinda reminds me of the seat harness where you have to pull out something to get the connector to release. Try pulling this lever out or down (as indicated by the red arrows. Again, I'm guessing here...

Old 06-30-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Open door fully and remove T20 Torx screw from bottom of connector.
Push connector up to release the top latch and pull the connector assembly out from door frame.
Push tabs on both sides of the bottom of the connector while pulling it down to unlock the cam.
Inset a flat blade screwdriver and gently pry the cam lock down to fully release it, then separate the door side connector from the car side.

The are 3 connectors inside; the main connector for the larger round pins and 2 smaller connectors. The large connector is designated "S". The small black connector is designated "A". The small white connector is designated "B".
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:43 PM   #4

Wow! Thank you so much guys! I'll give this a try and post my results. Again, thank you!
Old 06-30-2018, 09:43 PM   #5

How to Remove car to door wiring harness connector.

Success - thanks guys! You pull down on the black lever until it can go no further. This seems to open up channels inside the plug (on the car side). There is no way to pull them apart without this being fully extended.