986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Warning Lights - What is issue ? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/72633-warning-lights-what-issue.html)

DrCactus 06-26-2018 04:29 AM

Warning Lights - What is issue ?

Hey guys, sadly after 17 years of having my car some loser was not paying attention and smashed into the back of my car while I was sitting at a red light. Insurance company is now arguing with me about the dash lights that are coming up - I say they are due to accident because nothing was wrong up until I was hit. The ABS and Airbag are my current safety concerns, is the car still safe to drive ?

I'd like to know what these codes mean in terms of my car:

Airbag(1) 0003 Power Supply

Alarm System (10) 33 Passenger Compartment monitoring system
Alarm System 0000 End of Output

ABS (1) Abnormal 4460 Pressure Sensor

Instrument cluster (1) 9150 Spoiler Control

p3230 06-26-2018 05:49 AM

Scott phone the dealer and they will tell you what these codes mean. The service manager is Ted Rose and he is very helpful. If you need more help maybe I could help you out as I have a PST 2 for reading codes.

DrCactus 06-28-2018 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3230 (Post 573824)
Scott phone the dealer and they will tell you what these codes mean. The service manager is Ted Rose and he is very helpful. If you need more help maybe I could help you out as I have a PST 2 for reading codes.

Thank you sir... I'll send you a private message

Cunningr 06-28-2018 06:33 AM

You might try getting a statement from the dealer that an impact would indeed cause those type of alarms for the insurance claim. Along with a dealer estimate for repair.

I was just tapped in the rear once no damage but I was sore back pain, which indicates any sharp jar could affect internals. Airbags work off jar sensors I think.

rexcramer 06-28-2018 09:23 AM

I was rear ended and it took $4,200 to put it back together properly. Negotiating with insurance companies is a give and take. Ask for more, settle for less.

Are you dealing with your insurance or theirs? I was able to deal directly with theirs and just kept the pressure up on them. A couple of my back is still not feeling good, maybe I should go back to the doctors phone calls got their attention for me.

I spoke to an attorney and she gave me some ideas on how to approach them for the medical claim side. She and I feel like I made the best of the situation money wise.

Cunningr 06-28-2018 02:06 PM

Insurance and cell phone service always gets me really f n pissed off:mad: you pay out your nose for coverage for years then they dont want to cover you, if they do then they raise th3 damn rate.

Geof3 06-28-2018 04:19 PM

I got rear ended in my first 986. About a 20mph collision. Didn't look like too much... nearly 20k to fix properly. If the chassis is damaged at all, it will most likely total the car $$$$ wise.

jsceash 06-29-2018 05:31 AM

Did it set off a air bag any where in the car? Check the seat-belt in the passenger side. Try a reset see if it just goes away.

DrCactus 07-04-2018 10:37 AM

No air bags were deployed. However, I am getting the airbag warning light and ABS warning light. I understand since the spoiler is crushed so that's why that warning light comes up. I bring the car to body shop next Monday so we'll see what they do.

Meir 07-05-2018 04:29 PM

I find it hard to believe that the rear coalition damaged your air bag, ABS and alarm system. Sounds more like a blown fuse to me.
Also. Did you try to erase the codes , and they came back?