986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Threw a P0507 code... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/71969-threw-p0507-code.html)

Geof3 04-29-2018 08:03 PM

Threw a P0507 code...

So looks like I have some troubleshooting to do. Started the car up today and it was a little cranky. Unusual. Seemed to run fine, after about 30 min at a stop light noticed the idle climbing a bit. Shut it down at Starbuck's, we did our thing, and started right up and seemed fine. Stopped to get some food, climbing idle and threw the CEL. Checked at home, P0507 is the only code that came up. Cleared the code, idle is normal, but a bit rough, accelerating just fine. I cleaned the throttle body a bit ago, no noticeable smoke, and haven't noticed any other issues. The only engine component I have changed recently is the water pump and low temp thermostat. Also added an oil pressure sensor. Bled system as described in the Bentley manual, temps/levels seem fine. Thinking MAF, poss AOS, maybe vacuum leak somewhere? Thoughts?

JFP in PA 04-30-2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geof3 (Post 569116)
So looks like I have some troubleshooting to do. Started the car up today and it was a little cranky. Unusual. Seemed to run fine, after about 30 min at a stop light noticed the idle climbing a bit. Shut it down at Starbuck's, we did our thing, and started right up and seemed fine. Stopped to get some food, climbing idle and threw the CEL. Checked at home, P0507 is the only code that came up. Cleared the code, idle is normal, but a bit rough, accelerating just fine. I cleaned the throttle body a bit ago, no noticeable smoke, and haven't noticed any other issues. The only engine component I have changed recently is the water pump and low temp thermostat. Also added an oil pressure sensor. Bled system as described in the Bentley manual, temps/levels seem fine. Thinking MAF, poss AOS, maybe vacuum leak somewhere? Thoughts?

P0507 Idle Air Control at Stop – Above Limit

Geof3 04-30-2018 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFP in PA (Post 569120)
P0507 Idle Air Control at Stop – Above Limit

The Bentley manual states B+ short as well. Would that be a throttle body issue potentially, or look somewhere else? Just not 100% sure what to test for this one. Don't want to randomly replace parts It doesn't need...

JFP in PA 04-30-2018 07:28 AM

On the egas cars, the idle air control is in the throttle body.

Quadcammer 04-30-2018 08:25 AM

I have a good used throttle body if you need one.

Geof3 04-30-2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFP in PA (Post 569150)
On the egas cars, the idle air control is in the throttle body.

My car is an 02S, so Egas I'm pretty sure.

So, is that valve a replaceable/cleanable part? I remember replacing essentially the same thing on my Jeep. Tried to clean it, but it was still malfunctioning. I need to dig in and see what I've got. Been a while since I've had the intake apart. Look to see if, and how much, oil contamination there may be.

Geof3 04-30-2018 04:59 PM

So, pulled the TB and the MAF, cleaned both, put it all back together. Runs just fine. Maybe she was in a bad mood yesterday! Thanks for the suggestions.