986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Another Reason to Change Your Own Oil (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/7196-another-reason-change-your-own-oil.html)

denverpete 08-25-2006 12:23 PM

Another Reason to Change Your Own Oil

A friend just sent this to me - it's a video of an investigation into Jiffy Lube...

Jiffy Lube Scam Video

TriGem2k 08-25-2006 03:21 PM

What makes it even worse is that they are instructed not to do the service, its just not the technician

denverpete 08-25-2006 05:05 PM

Yeah, I particularly like it when the tech is on the phone with the district manager and says, "we got caught - they have us on tape". Pretty much sums up that they've been TOLD to do this...

MNBoxster 08-25-2006 05:09 PM

HI,

It's OK to use Jiffy Lube, just not the ones in Encino, Canoga Park, Glendale, Sherman Oaks, or Burbank. I bet they got all the Rotten Apples in that glaring exposé ! BTW, jk...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

denverpete 08-25-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBoxster
HI,

It's OK to use Jiffy Lube, just not the ones in Encino, Canoga Park, Glendale, Sherman Oaks, or Burbank. I bet they got all the Rotten Apples in that glaring exposé ! BTW, jk...

I wasn't implying that this was ALL Jiffy Lubes. But it was pretty clear that it went at least as far as the District Manager for that area. I'm guessing he was trying to make himself look good to his Regional - or even skimming.

MNBoxster 08-25-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverpete
I wasn't implying that this was ALL Jiffy Lubes. But it was pretty clear that it went at least as far as the District Manager for that area. I'm guessing he was trying to make himself look good to his Regional - or even skimming.

Hi,

j/k means just kidding!

He couldn't have been skimming because a computer prints all the receipts and most people would have paid by CC or Check.

Not only that, but if he was trying to impress the Regional with his Sales or Profitability numbers, the computer is also cross-linked to their Inventory Control. Sooner or later they'd find they weren't ordering or stocking anywhere near as many Fuel Filters as they were selling.

The Guy is just STUPID, which isn't much of a shock given Jiffey Lube's agressive policy of promoting from within.

Just remember, the Guy who cross-threads your Oil Drain Plug today will be President of the Company in 5 years - scary...

PSP 08-25-2006 05:45 PM

This is why is pays to stay and WATCH....

jeffsquire 08-26-2006 08:33 AM

criminal behavior

A lot of people, I MEAN A LOT OF PEOPLE, who work for jiffylube are on criminal probation. You'd be shocked.

Brucelee 08-26-2006 09:43 AM

I have a guy who I know and trust who changes my oil.

I STILL watch him.

Why, because he is not ME!

CJ_Boxster 08-26-2006 10:10 PM

I went to a Jiffy Lube in Culver City once with my Twin Turbo Z and i paid 70 bucks for the mobile 1 full synthetic service which includes 5 quarts of Mobile1 oil and Mobile1 oil filter.....I took the car home afterwards and jacked it up to replace a plastic engine sheild and noticed that the bosch oil filter that was on the car prior to having the oil changed was still on the car.

I went to a local Harbor City Jiffy Lube and explained to them what wasnt done to my car and they changed the oil filter to a mobile1 filter BUT THEN they started my car infront of me with oil 3 quarts of oil in the crankcase! Engine was clacking and they turned it off and I filed a complaint but i just got that standard letter saying they will take actions to make sure this wont happen again.....basically they'll do nothing and didnt refund my money.

Brucelee 08-27-2006 06:50 AM

We call them Jiffy Screw around here!

I would not use them under any circumstances.

threpwood 08-27-2006 07:48 AM

good lord! Kudos to channel 4 for catching these thieves.