986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   qualityporscheparts (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/71797-qualityporscheparts.html)

gabedrummin 04-17-2018 04:24 AM

qualityporscheparts

Anyone have any dealings with quality porsche parts of Albuquerque New mexico . I am in need of a good motor.Thanks guys.

Brian in Tucson 04-17-2018 05:48 AM

I've bought a couple of steering wheels and a pair of seats from them. Everything I've gotten from them has been first rate!

azlvr 04-17-2018 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabedrummin (Post 568075)
Anyone have any dealings with quality porsche parts of Albuquerque New mexico . I am in need of a good motor.Thanks guys.

They are fantastic! Ship very fast.

RedTele58 04-17-2018 07:50 AM

I've dealt w/ them numerous times for smaller things. Always a square deal.

achillies 04-17-2018 08:04 AM

They list everything as or best offer....I submitted offers on an item and all were decined and when I asked why they bother to do best offer I was banned from buying from them. I must add that my offers were about 5-8% lower than the asking.

78F350 04-17-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achillies (Post 568090)
They list everything as or best offer....I submitted offers on an item and all were decined and when I asked why they bother to do best offer I was banned from buying from them. I must add that my offers were about 5-8% lower than the asking.

They will usually accept up to 25% off the ORIGINAL price. If it has already been discounted 25% I don't think they go lower.
----------

I have bought five or six items: Trunk lid, door panels, immobilizer/DME/Key set, and a few other things.

Always great condition, well packaged, and fast shipping.
Once I received the wrong part. I messaged them when it arrived. They told me to just keep it (about $200 value) and expedited the one that was supposed to be sent. It still arrived quicker than what eBay had originally estimated for the arrival.

Buying an engine unseen carries risk, but I would trust one from there to be exactly as described.

cc986 04-17-2018 09:32 AM

Does anyone have a link or phone number for them? I found this store on eBay - is this the one? http://stores.ebay.com/Quality-Porsche-Parts?rmvSB=true

Quadcammer 04-17-2018 10:36 AM

they are excellent and the packaging is overkill.

jsceash 04-17-2018 11:09 AM

I think I'v bought 25 - 30 thing from them Never a problem. the parts come clean and
well packaged usually with no shipping charge.

Porsche9 04-17-2018 12:29 PM

I bought a transmission from them and was happy with the price, the part, service and shipping.

cc986 04-17-2018 01:10 PM

Sorry,

Is this the store? stores.ebay.com/Quality-Porsche-Parts ?

BirdDog 04-17-2018 01:21 PM

I've bought several things from them and NEVER had a problem.

I always recommend trying Woody (ItsNotANova on here) first, and then QualityPorscheParts (on ebay) if Woody doesn't have what you need.

For many parts they will usually post a picture (or link) to the car that the motor came from. You can see what kind of damage the car sustained that caused it to be taken out of service. It will also give you the VIN number of the donor vehicle.

You can use the VIN of the donor vehicle to run a CarFax. That might give you a bit more history and provide a clue about what kind of care the prior owner(s) took of the donor vehicle.

You can also use the VIN to determine if the motor ever had an IMS upgrade (via the lookup on the LN Engineering website).

BirdDog 04-17-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc986 (Post 568106)
Sorry,

Is this the store? stores.ebay.com/Quality-Porsche-Parts ?

Yes it is.

cc986 04-17-2018 01:39 PM

Thanks, BirdDog, much appreciated.

Qmulus 04-17-2018 02:42 PM

My "go tos" for Porsche parts is Woody first, then qualityporscheparts on ebay. If I think the price is high, I will give a reasonable "best offer" and they accept it most of the time. Packaging is very good, and parts are always received clean and fast. I have no complaints.

Alfieg23 04-18-2018 03:28 PM

QualityPorscheParts

I have bought numerous things from them and have always had an excellent experience. Some offers have been accepted and some others have been at almost their asking price. As mentioned before, I am certain the differentials depend on what their cost has been from acquisition to posting for sale. I would highly recommend them.

lkchris 04-20-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

They've accepted every one of my best offers. I wasn't crazy about it, maybe just $25 off at most.

boxzilla 04-20-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

lol. I had the same experience! Banned for questioning their "or Best Offer" tag when bidding 5% lower than their "asking price"

Boxstard 04-21-2018 01:33 AM

Best seller on eBay with great prices and often taking my best offers ranging 10-15% off listed price. They are easy to deal with, I had to return a few items, once due to my mistake and the other time due to part not up to my expectation, and they kindly understood each situation through quick communication and no issues with refund.

I trust their customer service, very professional, and can’t believe that people can gets banned for questioning their decline of best offers. I’m rather an aggressive buyer so will be careful...

itsnotanova 04-21-2018 05:14 AM

Thank you for the complements. He might be my biggest competitor but I do have to give him respect for what he does. Some of my closest Porsche friends have had to buy from him because I didn't have what they were looking for. Heck I've even sent people his way. Look at his eBay rating. It's pretty amazing to have all those sales and no complaints. I personally don't like him for business reasons. Selling items isn't the problem. It's finding Porsches for a reasonable price and we're both in the same buying market. I find a lot of times it's the two of us bidding against each other at auctions. There's been a few times where I bought something just so he wouldn't get it.
If you ever want to bring me down on a price, just tell me he's selling it for cheaper. I usually price my items by what he's selling them for on his website. I mostly undercut his prices and sometimes I'm WAY cheaper. There's only a handful of items that I usually ask the same or more for.