986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   My poor, naked Boxster. (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/7136-my-poor-naked-boxster.html)

deliriousga 08-20-2006 02:29 PM

My poor, naked Boxster.

Well, I finally got to tear her down and get to the throttle sending unit. It's tucked way back behind the red circle so it's a real pain to get to.

Hopefully that will take care of the problem and we'll be back on the road in the next week. :dance:

Later! :cheers:

ohioboxster 08-20-2006 02:40 PM

Wow, I hope your right! What happened? What did the car do or not do?

deliriousga 08-20-2006 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioboxster
Wow, I hope your right! What happened? What did the car do or not do?

This is still the P1502 code (Throttle Spring). Since the '00 model is eGas, the throttle spring is not in the engine. I replaced the throttle body and a couple of other things before getting to this, but no change. I called the "experts" at my local dealer and asked if they have to calibrate the throttle body with the PST2 and the answer was "my shop forman said we might need to do that, just make an appointment". :rolleyes:

At least if this takes care of it there will be a cure for others instead of two months of figuring it out or a few thousand dollars at a dealer doing the same thing. :cheers:

binaryc 08-20-2006 07:44 PM

You should upgrade the stereo while you're at it

Grizzly 08-20-2006 07:49 PM

John,

You are a brave, brave man. I'm scared just looking at what you've got going on there.

deliriousga 08-21-2006 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaryc
You should upgrade the stereo while you're at it

I'd love to, but we just bought X-pipes for the 928 so P-car funds are running low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly
John,

You are a brave, brave man. I'm scared just looking at what you've got going on there.

That's the beauty of a digital camera. Lots of pics along the way to remember what went where. :D

RandallNeighbour 08-21-2006 09:59 AM

John, how long did it take to remove the dash?

bmussatti 08-21-2006 10:09 AM

John, please make sure you clean-up that area below your footrest! :D It's looking kinda crusty.

deliriousga 08-22-2006 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
John, how long did it take to remove the dash?

About 2 hours. There are several screws in the 2000 dash that are not shown in the Bentley book (they show a '99 dash) so it took a while to find the extra hidden screws. It's not that bad taking everything else out.

Raybox 08-28-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly
John,

+1 :cheers: