Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2006, 10:33 AM   #1

Sub Install: Behind Passenger Seat

I was wondering if anyone has advice/photos on installing a sub-behind the passenger seat.

What I am actually looking for is how/where to wire from an amp in the front trunk through the car to the sub behind the passenger seat.

If any one has any photos or can point me to a website with instructions, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

AtlantaBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #2

If you do a thread search, you'll find that others have asked about a sub behind the passenger seat and there's not much room back there for much of anything. One could move the seat forward, but it will not be comfortable or look good. Most subwoofers require more depth than it practically provides.

However, if you want to run a wire from the head unit to a powered sub behind the seat, just tuck it under the center console along the passenger side of the car and it won't interfere with the shifter or the e-brake.

Best place for a sub inside the passenger compartment is to have a custom enclosure made for the footwell of the passenger side.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #3

Thanks Randall. I did notice that some had put a Kenwood enclosed sub behind the passenger seat.

I recently bought the same sub and would like to get it installed but just wonder about running the wire from the front trunk (where the amp is) to the rear of the passenger seat (where the sub is).

If you have detailed instructions for a DIY, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

AtlantaBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #4

I'll have a look around the net and see if I can find it for you. I know it's there because I've seen it before.

One thing you might do is to just trace the wires from your old amp or CD changer to the firewall and go through there as well. That's what the pics in the web site I'm gonna look for show you how to do.

Hey, Bamaboxster re-routed his amp wires through the firewall. He wrote a forum thread about it and said it took him about 2.5 hours. You may want to PM him about it and ask if he took pix or has some advice for you.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 08-21-2006 at 01:08 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote