986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Speed Yellow Speedster Humps Maybe FS (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/70721-speed-yellow-speedster-humps-maybe-fs.html)

Wallace River 01-18-2018 06:30 AM

Speed Yellow Speedster Humps Maybe FS

I have a pair of Speed Yellow Speedster humps that I don't use. They look like they were seldom used before I bought the car, and are still in their storage bags. No pics at this point, I'm not home right now, but have been thinking I may sell them if I can find someone local. I'm in Nova Scotia and shipping these would be a PITA to make sure they don't get damaged. I'd ask $500 Cdn if there's any interest locally. Like I said, I won't ship, too much of an issue getting them packed and shipped safely and securely. Send me a PM to inquire.

paulofto 01-18-2018 06:53 AM

I have the Speedster Humps as well and rarely use them. The only time I put them on is for PCA meets or other car events. They always get noticed and commented on which is nice. They were a $2,000 CDN option in 2003.

mikesz 01-24-2018 05:14 AM

WOW! I have a set, Arctic Silver. I live in RI. I put the top down in the spring and put the speedster humps on. They only come off in the fall for the winter or if I am out and it starts raining. I love the look and it was the second thing I bought for the car after a hardtop.

Wallace River 01-24-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulofto (Post 560472)
I have the Speedster Humps as well and rarely use them. The only time I put them on is for PCA meets or other car events. They always get noticed and commented on which is nice. They were a $2,000 CDN option in 2003.

Yikes, I had no idea they were that pricey when new! Somebody better buy these before I put the price up :) .
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesz (Post 560931)
WOW! I have a set, Arctic Silver. I live in RI. I put the top down in the spring and put the speedster humps on. They only come off in the fall for the winter or if I am out and it starts raining. I love the look and it was the second thing I bought for the car after a hardtop.

Interesting, it just seems like a PITA to me, just a personal thing so I've never even put them on since I bought the car in Florida 3 years ago. I do love the look of them when I see them on cars though, so maybe if they don't sell here I might put them on this summer.

Ciao 01-24-2018 11:05 AM

$1,095.00 new at Suncoast Parts.

Wallace River 01-25-2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciao (Post 560963)
$1,095.00 new at Suncoast Parts.

Plus tax ;) But based on that I've lowered my price to $400. CANADIAN.