Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2017, 03:14 AM   #1
Master Brewer

Garage
New Addition to Family

Just picked up this 2018 Macan to replace the daily driver VW CC. The craftsmanship of this sport utility is incredible. Can't wait to put some miles on it.

Hoping everyone here has a great Christmas and New Year.

2004 Ford F-150 4X4 Crew
6 Fast Bicycles
Bootlegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:18 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootlegger View Post
just picked up this 2018 macan to replace the daily driver vw cc. The craftsmanship of this sport utility is incredible. Can't wait to put some miles on it.

hoping everyone here has a great christmas and new year.
3.6l???????????
Old 12-20-2017, 03:59 AM   #3
WALDMEISTER

Garage
it does not look like a turbo or a GTS, diesel & Porsche has always been a no go imo, so it is either a 2.0l Macan or 3.0l Macan S, which are still pretty impressive.
I know the Macan GTS and that thing feels like a monster already, super agile and direct for an SUV and super power full...it just pulls with an evil roaring sound.

Congrats Bootlegger, nice color to boot.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #4
Master Brewer

Garage
Thanks, it's the 2.0 Turbo with S wheels. Incidentally, it's the same motor that was in our VW CC with a few more horses added. We had great success with the VW and the end of the year pricing was right. I wish it was a GTS, but reality sucks.... still quite happy and impressed.
2004 Ford F-150 4X4 Crew
6 Fast Bicycles
Old 12-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #5

CONGRATS Welcome to Club Macan! We spec'd one of earliest S and took delivery July '14 finally IIRC. Probably will replace late next year w/ '19 planned refresh as my Mrs. really likes as her daily.

All in all - great vehicle soup to nuts. You'll love driving this crossover sports car (when she let's you - ask me how I know ). Not any real good Macan forums out there (though there is macanforum.com and 6speedonline ) but enough places to find details on mods, maintenance etc.

Drive her in good health
Old 12-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Master Brewer

Garage
Appreciated Burg! I jokingly said this may be the last internal combustion vehicle we buy new. Glad to hear the Macan has treated you well. Is it too early for mods???
2004 Ford F-150 4X4 Crew
6 Fast Bicycles
Old 12-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post
CONGRATS Welcome to Club Macan! We spec'd one of earliest S and took delivery July '14 finally IIRC. Probably will replace late next year w/ '19 planned refresh as my Mrs. really likes as her daily.

All in all - great vehicle soup to nuts. You'll love driving this crossover sports car (when she let's you - ask me how I know ). Not any real good Macan forums out there (though there is macanforum.com and 6speedonline ) but enough places to find details on mods, maintenance etc.

Drive her in good health
Have you checked rennlist.com ?
Old 12-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Have you checked rennlist.com ?
Yep and you? RL surprisingly is not nearly the source for 95B’s as it is for most other P-car variants.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootlegger View Post
Appreciated Burg! I jokingly said this may be the last internal combustion vehicle we buy new. Glad to hear the Macan has treated you well. Is it too early for mods???
NEVER TOO EARLY!

My Social Director, when I notified of her Macan’s final arrival stateside, threatened me to not touch it. So I had dealer do a few tweaks I wanted before we picked up - lol. She again threatened me upon arrival at our homestead to not touch. A couple casual evenings in the garage and I cannot help myself... but she absolutely loves, my tweaks and all, it now...

Happy Macan-ing and feel free to pm with questions.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #10
MWS

We have been thinking of replacing our 3.2l Audi Q5 with a Macan. I drove one when first out, and I'll admit I wasn't as impressed as I had hoped...didn't seem like a great improvement over the Q5. I should note that is was a Macan base and our Q5 has the larger engine, but I expected more. Now we are tossing around the choice between an SQ5 and a Macan Turbo; it's a difficult choice when a lot of both cars are the same, and the differences in performance are subtle and only under "hard" driving. Honestly we we leaning toward the SQ5 route as our other DD is an Audi (S5) and the familiarity of of layout is nice jumping from one car to another, however....Audi has totally redesigned the interior so the familiarity is gone. I suppose was could go with the previous generation SQ5 (and save some $$$), but it's tough to pull the trigger when after the new model is out, the previous generation just looks dated.

Perhaps I need to do a "gofundme" and buy a new RS5 and a new SQ5...or perhaps make the Boxster happy with a Macan GTS and a 911? If any forum members wish to assist, will be happy to send a signed photo of the cars in my garage, and a smile on my face.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #11

Welcome to the Macan family! Went from a '14 Panamera 4S to '17 Macan GTS, and I haven't looked back. It's so fun throwing this around. The only thing I notice is my gas mileage is pretty bad... around 14-15 on the streets, and 18 on the highway. That might be a personal problem though.

Eric at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote