986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   New toy (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/7012-new-toy.html)

bgauger 08-09-2006 09:33 AM

New toy

I am happy to report to my new brethren that after a process of looking at M roadsters, corvettes and other Porsche’s that I am the proud owner of a "new" (to me) '05 Boxster S.

I apologize in advance for not knowing all the proper option titles but in general:
5k miles
6spd
red with charcoal interior
Carbon trim on interior and door sills.
nav
heated seats
19" Rims from the 997
Xenon
Bose with windstop

Only wish it had the sport button and full power seats but still a great car.
A whole lot of fun even in one day as I slowly figure everything out.

Hope to see the SoCal guys in the near future. :)

Norminhouston 08-09-2006 09:42 AM

Welcome! Enjoy the new toy. :cheers:

SD987 08-09-2006 09:48 AM

Sounds like a nice spec. Congrats and welcome.

70Sixter 08-09-2006 11:30 AM

Congratulations!!

As far as getting to know the car, my salesman gave me some good advice after demo-ing everything. Get your favorite beverage and sit in the parked car playing with things. The radio mystified me for a while. Two drinks on two separate occasions. Maybe more.

Some of us are still learning via this forum and others. Glad to have you with us.

Perfectlap 08-09-2006 11:51 AM

Get thee down to the local Autocross and show off the new whip!
Even if you haven't been there before or you don't plan to enter you should check it out while summer's still kicking , always a great car show.
the San Diego guys have one of the best lots in the country.

smith12895 08-09-2006 03:17 PM

Did you happen to get that at Rusnak in Arcadia? If so, I saw it and it was beautiful. It also looked lowered. It looked good lowered, definately didn't look standard height.

Anyhow, congrats
:cheers:

longislander1 08-09-2006 03:27 PM

Congrats! Beautiful car. Looks like you've got all the right stuff and the Guards Red is always nice. You won't miss the power seats unless you share the car with other drivers. (Why do that? :) ) And if you figure out everything on the nav, let me know. I'm still working my way through the manual after a year.

bgauger 08-09-2006 04:24 PM

Thanks guys, I lurked on the board for a little while and I must say the community here is great!

To the questions:
Yes it was the Boxster in Arcadia, and is nice and low.
I was able to get the route guidance to work on the Nav today but boy is the twisting knob input a chore compared to the touch screen keyboard in the Acura that now is the wife's. Power seats have the nice seat incline good for the long legs beyond that I am the only driver....

After a good round of Zaino I will crack open something good and get the radio/nav/phone dialed in; good suggestion.

Rondog 08-09-2006 09:35 PM

Ahhhh an '05 ------excellent vintage!

Pictures! my man!