Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #1

Used my heated seats today

For the first time this morning I used the heated seats in my Boxster S. Wow! Wish my daily driver had heated seats!

RobertKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #2
MWS

In Visalia? What did it get down to...60? Lol. Here both our "main" cars have heated seats, heated steering wheels, heated mirrors and I wish they had heated floor mats. I say "our main cars" because the Boxster doesn't...so it's car covered in a heated garage until spring.

A bizillion years ago I worked in Sequoia Natl...I remember one year it snowed something like a foot on Memorial Day; wonder if there's snow pack there yet. Care to drive up and take a look for me?
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:28 AM   #3

I wish my Boxster had heated seats, all other cars I own or owned in the last 10+ years have one. It's one of those that spoil you quick...

However I do not feel as cold in Boxster seat, it seems to warm up quick and retain heat from my body well... must be snag and tight fit, less mass and nice insulation material? I'm planning to drive it throughout this winter in Michigan, had s couple days in 20's F last week but my selfheated seat was still quite tolerable.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:24 AM   #4
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Only my Subaru has heated seats in my current fleet. But as the Porsches stay in the garage, being without them isn't as much of a concern.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #5

Garage
I've been using the heated seats for a few weeks now. I keep the Boxster out of the rain, mostly, and once they start putting ice melt/salt on the roads it'll stay inside till after the first big spring rain to wash it all away. None of the daily drivers have heated seats
marck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWS View Post
In Visalia? What did it get down to...60? Lol. Here both our "main" cars have heated seats, heated steering wheels, heated mirrors and I wish they had heated floor mats. I say "our main cars" because the Boxster doesn't...so it's car covered in a heated garage until spring.

A bizillion years ago I worked in Sequoia Natl...I remember one year it snowed something like a foot on Memorial Day; wonder if there's snow pack there yet. Care to drive up and take a look for me?
Actually, it was in the low 50's this morning but yeah, I get it, not cold to those used to
below 25 or so this time of year. We're used to 100/110 or more here
RobertKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxstard View Post
I wish my Boxster had heated seats, all other cars I own or owned in the last 10+ years have one. It's one of those that spoil you quick...
It is possible to add them:
Dennis Vogel: Projects - Boxster Heated Seats

It is not as difficult as it first appears when you start reading the instructions.

Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is online now   Reply With Quote