986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Audi RS4 (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/6917-audi-rs4.html)

Rail26 07-30-2006 03:18 PM

Audi RS4

I made my Bi weekly trip to Barnes and Noble (does bi weekly mean every two weeks?) and read the car magazines because I am too cheap to buy them. Anyway, the Ferrari, P-turbo, and C-Z06 write up in Motorweek? was pretty good. Sounds like the Z06 was the fastest, but it still came in 3rd due to be undriveable anywhere other than the track.

I also read the Audi RS4 review...what do you guys think of that monster?

Brucelee 07-30-2006 04:44 PM

"Sounds like the Z06 was the fastest, but it still came in 3rd due to be undriveable anywhere other than the track"

You know, I have heard this comment before. Yet, I took a ride in my buddy's Z06 and I didn't think it was that bad. Certainly no harsher than the TT 911 I have in stock right now.

Now to be fair, the base Corvette is much more a daily driver and if they are comparing it to that car, I can see the criticism.

On the Audi, I have never been able to warm up to those cars even though I want to.

Go figure! They make a nicely engineered car though.

Jeph 07-30-2006 05:05 PM

I dig the RS4. It's pretty stout. But I'm really more of a Bimmer guy, so I'd rather have an M3 or and M3 CSL.

I find that the Audi (with the exception of the TT) now has only one body style in 4 different sizes.... Small, Medium, Large, & Extra Large (A3, A4, A6, A8). Is it just me or do all those look excessively similar?

Brucelee 07-30-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeph
I dig the RS4. It's pretty stout. But I'm really more of a Bimmer guy, so I'd rather have an M3 or and M3 CSL.

I find that the Audi (with the exception of the TT) now has only one body style in 4 different sizes.... Small, Medium, Large, & Extra Large (A3, A4, A6, A8). Is it just me or do all those look excessively similar?

Yes, to me they do.

Rail26 07-31-2006 04:30 AM

I'm just amazed at the size of the powerplants they are stuffing into this relatively small car. An S4 isn't much bigger than a boxster. I saw a picture of an RS4 with the hood open and it doesn't look like there is an inch to spare. I love the powerplant war between Audi and BMW...I predict a 600 hp RS4 in 2009! :)

denverpete 07-31-2006 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
I'm just amazed at the size of the powerplants they are stuffing into this relatively small car. An S4 isn't much bigger than a boxster. I saw a picture of an RS4 with the hood open and it doesn't look like there is an inch to spare. I love the powerplant war between Audi and BMW...I predict a 600 hp RS4 in 2009! :)

I've come up behind an RS6 a few times and slowly moved past when I realized it's pushing around 400-500 hp. There's a distinct look to them. Something that says, "I may be a sedan, but don't even think about taking me on"....

Personally, I don't care for the looks of the new Audi TT and I think it looks too much like an A4. I haven't seen a new one in the wild so my opinion may change then.