986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   No sound radio (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/68293-no-sound-radio.html)

JBauer 08-13-2017 05:05 PM

No sound radio

Went out to go for a drive and click click click ☹ Jumped it, all good. Go for a drive and my radio has no sound. All dials work, volume shows on face, no sound. Didn't ask for code because the battery still had some juice. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

particlewave 08-13-2017 05:18 PM

Check the fuse on the amplifier.

JBauer 08-13-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlewave (Post 546932)
Check the fuse on the amplifier.

Uh 😲

Would that be in the fuse panel with the rest of the fuses or on the amp. It's a Bose stereo.

Thanks

particlewave 08-13-2017 05:45 PM

On the amp itself.
I'm not real familiar with the Bose system, but that's the first thing I'd check.

MWS 08-14-2017 09:04 AM

Similar situation (although I do not remember if the unit showed power, just no sound) a few years ago when I used the "fuse box procedure" for opening the frunk due to a dead battery. I should state I don't have Bose, but I found the fuse on the back of the head unit blown, and many other electrical gremlins that were driving me mad. I ended up disconnecting the battery for a bit, and everything ended up working as normal.

What I learned is if not driving vehicle for a period of time, I keep the frunk ajar (removing the frunk light of course), and for winter I always use a battery tender.

I believe these cars electronics are very delicate when it comes to jumping, or for that matter, the frunk opening procedure I mentioned earlier (personally, I will never do that again).

Best wishes.

algiorda 08-14-2017 10:17 AM

Don't you need to re-enter the radio code once power is disconnected from the radio in non MOST systems?

JBauer 08-14-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algiorda (Post 546982)
Don't you need to re-enter the radio code once power is disconnected from the radio in non MOST systems?

I think if your battery goes completely dead you do but mine still had some charge. Just not enough to start it. Radio seems fine, everything works just no sound. Going to check my amp fuse soon.
I need to drive it more to keep the battery charged 🙄

ymkmkrz 08-17-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWS (Post 546971)
Similar situation (although I do not remember if the unit showed power, just no sound) a few years ago when I used the "fuse box procedure" for opening the frunk due to a dead battery. I should state I don't have Bose, but I found the fuse on the back of the head unit blown, and many other electrical gremlins that were driving me mad. I ended up disconnecting the battery for a bit, and everything ended up working as normal.

What I learned is if not driving vehicle for a period of time, I keep the frunk ajar (removing the frunk light of course), and for winter I always use a battery tender.

I believe these cars electronics are very delicate when it comes to jumping, or for that matter, the frunk opening procedure I mentioned earlier (personally, I will never do that again).

Best wishes.

I have done that many times. Usually with the battery tender as source voltage. I have never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk