Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
bmussatti

My First Concours

I competed in my very first Concours yesterday with the Chicago Region PCA. The event was held at the Joliet Autobahn. After the judging, we did about 6 laps on the road course. Pretty cool!

Some dude came to the event with a matching Carrera GT2 and a Carrera GT.

Anyway, I placed 2nd for the Class C Concours (exterior, interior and trunks). I think I would have gotten First Place but I lost points for having dust on my drivers side vanity mirror and for having stuff (check-book, coins and etc.) in my storage bins and center counsel.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #2

bmussatti, congratulations ! 2nd place for a first timer is pretty awesome !

Wish I could have made it to Joliet this weekend, but had to go to Milwaukee with my fiance for a party...

That's awesome that you were able to run 6 laps on the course. Now I really feel bad that I missed it !

Dust in the drivers side vanity mirror ? Never even would have crossed my mine to check...

I just got my stuff from Chicago PCA and my first issue of Panorama. Hope to attend a PCA function soon and meet some of the members.

If you took any pics please post. I would love to see some of the cars...

Congrats again !

Nick
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
bmussatti

Yeah, I didn't even know I had a drivers side vanity mirror!

I didn't take any pictures. It was so freaking hot, my camera wudda melted!

My next PCA event may be the August 20th Rallye.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #4

please post pics with the cocoa top up!

the silver and cocoa anniversary 04 Boxster was my second choice if I could not locate a silver and red 986S.

White and Sand Beige is very very nice. I would have droped these in ASAP.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:48 PM   #5
bmussatti

Won My Concours for "C" Class

OK, I am going to do a little bragging!

I won my second only Concours today at the Geneva, Illinois Concours. I was entered into the C Class (interior, exterior and trunks) for the Chicago PCA.

It was a great event! Great people & weather. There were some amazing cars there!
Old 08-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #6

Hey,

Congratulations! Showing a car can be pretty rewarding, especially if you finish on top! I know how well you take care of your car and here's the payoff!

I have had my Boxster displayed at several Car Shows, but not as a Competitor. The older Cars usually have an edge. I plan to have it at the annual Wheels & Wings held at Motorbooks Int'l. in Oceola in 2 weeks.

I competed with my Esprit for a few years and it took Best of Show in each Concours I entered it in, 7 in all, including the Concours d' Elegance at the '02 Nat'l. Lotus Convention.

Now, I don't compete anymore because with that car there's only one way to go - down. Besides, there are lots of great cars out there and I want to give others a chance. It's too much work (for me anyway) to maintain a driver and also show it. I got enough plaques on my wall to last for a while...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #7

bmussatti, congratulations! I'm glad you got such a recognition for the care you take of your S. I wish I had access to mine on more than just weekends so that I can devote more time to it. The way things are now, too much care time on a weekend eats up into driving time.
Z.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:01 AM   #8

bmussatti,

Congratulations ! That's awesome ! I'm glad all that hard work paid off !

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #9

Congratulations on your Concours results. It is nice to see all that effort bear fruit.
I had my car in a show this weekend, too, and it was a bit of a letdown to finish 4th in class after 4 straight 1st places.
I was talking to the chief judge, a PCA National Concours judge, before the judging began and asked her if she thought my car might be competitive at a Porsche Parade event. After looking the car over she said, sure, it looks like it could do very well. Then she kicks me in the shins with a 4th place. Ouch.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #10

I was also at the Geneva Concours and came in second to bmussatti. Oh well, onto Road America for the last Chicago region concour.

My first time posting on this board, look forward to many more.

Joe
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:24 AM   #11

Congratulations on the Concours result! I wish I can join!

Please tape your honorable lap and share it with us when you win it again on the next event