986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Finally got my Boxster!! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/676-finally-got-my-boxster.html)

Alienz 01-09-2004 08:31 PM

Finally got my Boxster!!

Finally I found the Boxster I've been looking for. I drove all the way to RI to test drive it and I just fell in love with the car more. There are some minor problems with it that the dealer will have to fix before I can go pick it up. They tried to bring down the top during the cold weather which caused the plastic window to crack hehe. It has a lot of miles (87k) but I got a good deal on it. It's arctic silver with red interior. I think it's the special edition becuase the shift knob and the emergency brack have the aluminum covers. The headlights are blue, did the 97 models come with litronics or are these lights aftermarket ones? I can't wait to go pick it up next weekend and drive it back for 5 hours :D.

Tool Pants 01-10-2004 12:33 AM

The alu covers are probably the sport touring option. Litronics did not exist until 1999, unless someone installed the retrofit kit. Most likely, however, is someone put in blue bulbs. Jeff

Alienz 01-10-2004 01:49 AM

Yeah that's what I thought Tool Pants. But the headlights are blue so I don't care hehe. I might ubgrade them to litronics very soon. Can you tell me anything about the 1997 Boxsters that were silver with red interior? They look special for their year.

mjbliemel 01-10-2004 02:11 AM

Congratulations!

Be sure to put up some pictures in the Show and Tell section when you have it. We can always use another Boxster to put up on the homepage here.

How much for the '97?

Alienz 01-10-2004 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mjbliemel
Congratulations!

How much for the '97?

I had to trade in my piece of **************** which aint worth tht much($4k minumum), The guy at the dealership made a good deal with me plus a one year power train warranty. So I only have to pay $12.5k. I might try to bring this down a bot when I go to the dealership to pick up the car and point out some some blemishes and sratches or whatever. But I don't think I care anymore about the price becuase I have the Boxster which is the most important thing to me. I just want to drive this machine as much as I can.

mjbliemel 01-10-2004 06:23 AM

So about $16.5K I guess. Sounds about right for that model year and mileage I suppose. Well, good luck with it and we look forward to some pictures when you get it. I have a '99 AS/B/B with 68K on it. So far so good, no problems. You're gonna love it! Takes some getting used to certain things with the Boxster, like the stiff ride, but I wouldn't be without one anymore. It's a kick in the ass to drive this car.

red*farm 01-10-2004 07:22 AM

what's the vin number?

Tool Pants 01-10-2004 09:36 AM

Artic silver and Boxster red has always been an option. That is the colors on my January 1997. It was popular in the early days as those were the colors of the concept car.

Alienz 01-10-2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by red*farm
what's the vin number?
WP0CA2986VS622175

Alienz 01-10-2004 09:47 AM

Tool Pants, the hump in the picture you posted, does the car have to be always convertible to have the hump on?

red*farm 01-10-2004 02:16 PM

Here is the title background from Autocheck for your car.

Report Run Date: 01/10/2004
Vehicle Description WP0CA2986VS622175
TitleCheck No records found
ProblemCheck No records found
OdometerCheck Records found
Vehicle Information Records found
Full History Records found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Vehicle's Description:
VIN: WP0CA2986VS622175
Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: Boxster Roadster
Style/Body: 2 Door
Engine: 2.5L H-6 EFI
Country of Assembly: Germany

Key: = No Problem Found = Problem Found = Information Found

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck’s results for this 1997 Porsche Boxster Roadster(WP0CA2986VS622175) show no significant Title events. When found, events often indicate past automotive damage or warnings associated with the vehicle title.
Problems Checked: Results Found
Abandoned No Abandoned Record Found
Damaged No Damaged Record Found
Fire Damage No Fire Damage Record Found
Grey Market No Grey Market Record Found
Hail Damage No Hail Damage Record Found
Insurance Loss No Insurance Loss Record Found
Junk No Junk Record Found
Rebuilt/Rebuildable No Rebuilt/Rebuildable Record Found
Salvage No Salvage Record Found

Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck’s database for this 1997 Porsche Boxster Roadster(WP0CA2986VS622175) shows no historical events that indicate a significant automotive problem. These problems can indicate previous car damage, theft, or other significant problem.
NHTSA Crash Test Vehicle No NHTSA Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Frame Damage No Frame Damage Record Found
Major Damage Incident No Major Damage Incident Record Found
Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon No Manufacturer Buyback/Lemon Record Found
Odometer Problem No Odometer Problem Record Found
Recycled No Recycled Record Found
Salvage Auction No Salvage Auction Record Found
Water Damage No Water Damage Record Found

Your Vehicle Checks Out! For this 1997 Porsche Boxster Roadster(WP0CA2986VS622175)no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. We determine odometer rollbacks by searching for records that indicate odometer reading that are less than a previously reported value. Other odometer events can report events of tampering, or possible odometer breakage.
Date Reported Odometer Reading
05/16/97 31
11/07/97 5,010
09/24/02 82,079
09/25/02 82,079
03/26/03 82,730
06/06/03 85,363
08/22/03 86,470
10/17/03 87,018

Information Found! AutoCheck found additional information on this vehicle. These records will provide you with more past history for this 1997 Porsche Boxster Roadster(WP0CA2986VS622175).
Accident Data No accident data available
Corrected Title No Corrected Title Record Found
Driver Education No Driver Education Record Found
Duplicate Title No Duplicate Title Record Found
Emission/Safety Inspection No Emission/Safety Inspection Record Found
Fire Damage Incident No Fire Damage Incident Record Found
Lease No Lease Record Found
Lien No Lien Record Found
Livery Use No Livery Use Record Found
Government Use No Government Use Record Found
Police Use No Police Use Record Found
Rental/Fleet Rental/Fleet Record(s) Found
Repossessed No Repossessed Record Found
Taxi Use No Taxi Use Record Found
Theft No Theft Record Found

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.
VIN WP0CA2986VS622175 1997 Porsche Boxster Roadster
Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
05/16/97 LYNN, MA MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
05/16/97 LYNN, MA 31 MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. TITLE (Title #: AQ0194252)
09/15/97 WESTWOOD, MA MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
11/07/97 MA 5,010 MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. TITLE (Title #: AQ0835275)
09/01/99 MA MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/05/01 MA MOTOR VEHICLE DEPT. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/24/02 EASTERN REGION 82,079 AUTO AUCTION REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
09/25/02 NEW ENGLAND REGION 82,079 AUTO AUCTION AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE
03/26/03 EASTERN REGION 82,730 AUTO AUCTION REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
06/06/03 NEW ENGLAND REGION 85,363 AUTO AUCTION REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS DEALER VEHICLE
08/22/03 NEW ENGLAND REGION 86,470 AUTO AUCTION REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
10/17/03 NEW ENGLAND REGION 87,018 AUTO AUCTION REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION

Experian's Privacy Statement

AutoCheck Vehicle History Report Disclaimer:
Experian's AutoCheck Vehicle History Report is compiled from multiple sources. It is not always possible for Experian to obtain complete discrepancy information on all vehicles, therefore, there may be other title brands, odometer readings or discrepancies that apply to this vehicle that are not reflected on this report. Experian searches data from additional sources where possible but all discrepancies may not be reflected on the AutoCheck Vehicle History Report.

THESE REPORTS ARE BASED ON INFORMATION SUPPLIED TO EXPERIAN BY EXTERNAL SOURCES BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE BUT NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY EXPERIAN OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS. THE REPORTS ARE PROVIDED STRICTLY ON AN "AS IS WHERE IS" BASIS, AND EXPERIAN FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING THIS REPORT.

Experian shall not be liable for any delay or failure to provide an accurate report if and to the extent which such delay or failure is caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Experian including, without limitation, acts of God or public enemies, labor disputes, equipment malfunctions, material or component shortages, supplier failures, embargoes, rationing, acts of local, state or national governments, or public agencies, utility or communication failures or delays, fire, earthquakes, flood, epidemics, riots and strikes.

AutoCheck vehicle history reports are intended for personal use only. Any commercial use, resale and redistribution of AutoCheck vehicle history reports is strictly prohibited and may lead to deactivation of your account and imposition of additional charges for AutoCheck vehicle history reports. AutoCheck vehicle history reports are governed by all the Terms and Conditions of use of the AutoCheck web site.

Tool Pants 01-10-2004 08:30 PM

What hump.:)

Alienz 01-10-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tool Pants
What hump.:)
Is this ur "hump"? :)

Adam 01-11-2004 12:01 AM

ahh, the speedster hump. Man, I saw that thing in tweeks for something like $850!!! Yikes. Tool pants, how do you like your hump, and was it worth it?

acf53 02-04-2004 01:54 PM

I'm new to the Forum. I just (3 months ago) got myself a 98 Boxster and I'm interested in putting a whiter (HID like) bulbs in. Can anyone recommend one ? thanks

Tool Pants 02-05-2004 12:38 AM

I bought them about 4 years ago. They are the factory ones. Porsche changed the mounting design a few years ago. There were aftermarket humps that people were not happy with. Tweeks had some and they had bad reviews. Tweeks pulled them. I never saw the aftermarket ones but someone sent me the instructions. I am out of the hump market and have no idea what Tweeks is now selling.

Makes my artic silver look different than the hundreds of others in my area. Also gives you a 7.5 hp increase.:D

http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/..._Drive_057.jpg

http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/..._Drive_055.jpg

acf53 02-05-2004 08:33 AM

Toolpants.

What year is your Boxster ? I like the new tailights, where can I get them ?

jfmillr 02-05-2004 09:02 AM

acf53,
the rear tailights are probably the most common upgrade dome by peepz. There are lots of websites that sell these. usually around 240 US dollars. Look around at some Porsche aftermarket sites and you should have no trouble finding these. There are several styles available. like above( I have the same) also tinted black ones, and another style called Diamond style which almost has that honda bling bling look.

Stryke 02-05-2004 12:42 PM

Call Rick Knab at Suncoast Porsche in FL. Tell him Gil from NY sent you. He'll sell you a pair for around $180 and they are original Porsche items. :)

Adam 02-05-2004 03:36 PM

yeah, don't pay 240$ for those light covers. They are all over the place at $180 like styrke said. If you are gonna get the euro clear for the back then it would be a good idea to get litronics on the front to match the clear look. Also, clear side markers are a good option. Amber is so out! Thing is, amber will probabbly be cool in ten years and clear will be uncool. Then we will have to pay 180 bucks to get amber!