986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Hello everyone..newbie here. lol (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/67280-hello-everyone-newbie-here-lol.html)

Cattiva72 06-23-2017 11:52 AM

Hello everyone..newbie here. lol

Hey guys,
just purchased a well maintained '05 Boxster base manual with 64K miles and I cant wait to receive it.

I had the ppi done by Porsche tec. and, except heated seats switch inop and front hood switch inop everything else checked out ok.

Should I worry about the ims failing? I read many different opinions and I need reassurance. lol

Thanks,
Cheers:)

husker boxster 06-23-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattiva72 (Post 541752)
I had the ppi done by Porsche tec. and, except heated seats switch inop and front hood switch inop everything else checked out ok.

Should I worry about the ims failing?

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of your Porsche.

It's kind of too late to be worried. Either it concerns you or it doesn't, but you're committed now. There's been plenty written so let's not rehash an old debate.

I would be more concerned about the frunk latch not working. If your battery dies you're in a world of hurt getting to it.

Cattiva72 06-24-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker boxster (Post 541772)
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of your Porsche.

It's kind of too late to be worried. Either it concerns you or it doesn't, but you're committed now. There's been plenty written so let's not rehash an old debate.

I would be more concerned about the frunk latch not working. If your battery dies you're in a world of hurt getting to it.

Thats a good point...Could I use the key fob to open the hood..even if the battery dies?

particlewave 06-24-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattiva72 (Post 541840)
Thats a good point...Could I use the key fob to open the hood..even if the battery dies?

No. Electronics don't work without power. :D
I'd look into getting that fixed very soon.

Cattiva72 06-26-2017 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlewave (Post 541849)
No. Electronics don't work without power. :D
I'd look into getting that fixed very soon.

yes thanks...apparently its not hard to do. I ordered the part today ;)

kk2002s 06-26-2017 05:20 AM

Not sure about the 05 but earlier models have an emergency pull wire to manually open Frunk. I was able to get to it removing Right headlight and threading through the hole for the Pull/tow hole in the bumper. Common DIY to get at the battery in case it dies