986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Your valued advice please! Seattle /Bellevue area (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/66819-your-valued-advice-please-seattle-bellevue-area.html)

AndyA6 06-01-2017 06:01 PM

Your valued advice please! Seattle /Bellevue area

Son-in-law and daughter move there in a few weeks.

Any advice which Porsche dealership is good?

Any other advice?

Thanks!
Later,
Andy

lowpue 06-01-2017 09:20 PM

I live in the area....I use Bellevue Porsche but only when I have to. Its not the same since AutoNation took it over. Some folks go to Bellingham or down to Tacoma for Porsche service. Most of my service on my cars is now done by Cantrell Motorsports.

aczyzewski 06-01-2017 09:21 PM

Well, there's one dealership. It's in Bellevue. If you are looking for an independent shop, I recommend Gerber Motorsport. Great racing pedigree starting with Walter Gerber and now Dominic Dobson. James is the service manager. Super nice fellow.

Fintro11 06-01-2017 09:43 PM

If you are on fb join the pca Pacific Northwest regions page lots of great info

AndyA6 06-02-2017 06:16 AM

Thanks guys!!

Racer Boy 06-02-2017 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowpue (Post 539213)
I live in the area....I use Bellevue Porsche but only when I have to. Its not the same since AutoNation took it over. Some folks go to Bellingham or down to Tacoma for Porsche service. Most of my service on my cars is now done by Cantrell Motorsports.

My neighbor used to work at Bellevue Porsche, and quit when AutoNation bought the dealership. He doesn't have anything nice to say about AutoNation.

stantheman1 06-02-2017 06:38 AM

There is a small indie specialty Porsche shop in Bellevue called Squire's Autowerke owned by a great guy named Jason. He does very good work at reasonable (for Porsche service) rates. He is passionate about Porsches and operates with very high integrity. One caveat...he won't work on Porsche SUVs because he doesn't consider them "true" Porsches (and I tend to agree with him!) :)

AndyA6 06-02-2017 09:37 AM

Awesome!

Thanks again!

Racer Boy 06-02-2017 01:17 PM

Where in Utah are your daughter and son-in-law moving from? No doubt that they will find the Seattle area much different from what they are used to!

AndyA6 06-02-2017 04:49 PM

They move from Salt Lake City.

They both got great jobs in their field (Ph.D. s In computer science). And yes, it will be different for them but they have friends there already.

alvinlee 06-04-2017 07:18 PM

I really like Akers in Capital Hill area of Seattle. Great independent. Always interesting to see what cars he has in there. Kind of like a museum. Has always done good work at a reasonable price for me.

Nmbrsix 06-05-2017 09:48 AM

It depends on what side of the lake they end up living...it's a PITA to take your car to a shop across the lake for service.

Seattle: Gerber Motorsport.

Bellevue: Squires or Chris's German.

AndyA6 06-05-2017 05:27 PM

In think they look at Bellevue.

Again, thanks for all the advice, sure is helpful when moving to new grounds!