986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Vandalized (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/66504-vandalized.html)

likestadraw 05-11-2017 06:34 PM

Vandalized

I have owned the boxster for 61 days and on the day I put on the plates some guy kicked the passenger side mirror off. It broke the aluminum frame and ripped out the wiring harness. I found a used mirror complete on Ebay to fit my 2001 but the mirror was for a 2002. You wouldn't think there was much of a difference but there is. The 2001 uses 10 wires to operate the gimbal mirror an defroster while the 2002 uses only 5, and the gimbal is rotated 45 degrees. I had to use the door frame of one and the mirror frame of the original, make a tool to disassemble the hinges and then rewire the plugin. Not too bad and now I have more spare parts. But why do people dislike Porsches? In the short time I've had the car I have been vandalized yelled at, cut off tailgated and called "hay ****************************". Never happens in my other cars or motorcycle. http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1494556446.jpg
http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1494556471.jpg

algiorda 05-11-2017 06:51 PM

That sux man. Maybe it's the Yellow?

I don't get anything but respect on the road. I do get a lot of funny business with people trying to make me race.

Timco 05-11-2017 07:25 PM

Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some d1ckle$$ piece of shiitake f***ed with it.

They should be f***ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that a$$h0le doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

What's more chickenshiitake than f***ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f*** with another man's vehicle

It's just against the rules.

Porsche9 05-11-2017 09:46 PM

Sorry to hear.

Not everyone one is an ass. I've had many Porsches over the years and never had anything like this happen.

Nevergrowup 05-11-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 536896)
Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some d1ckle$$ piece of shiitake f***ed with it.

They should be f***ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that a$$h0le doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

What's more chickenshiitake than f***ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f*** with another man's vehicle

It's just against the rules.

Nice quote, Vincent Vega! :cheers:

OP: Really sorry for your pain. I had a lot of that kind of ******************** happen to my motorcycle in my youth.

SteelStroke 05-11-2017 11:10 PM

I use my badge plus a .45 and a 12 GA to enforce my Porsche's safety.

KevinH1990 05-12-2017 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likestadraw (Post 536887)
The 2001 uses 10 wires to operate the gimbal mirror an defroster while the 2002 uses only 5, and the gimbal is rotated 45 degrees. I had to use the door frame of one and the mirror frame of the original, make a tool to disassemble the hinges and then rewire the plugin.

I agree with the other posters regarding the appropriate fate for vandals.

On the topic of the differences between the mirrors - I think you may have purchased a mirror from a car that had memory seats and mirrors. The extra connections are used by the memory system to set the location of the mirrors. One set of controls is for the driver input. The second is for input from the memory system.

DWBOX2000 05-12-2017 06:30 AM

Nothing says kick it like a Porsche. The 1st thing I did when I got my Box was change the air filter. Someone jammed a softball size pile of confetti in the air intake. I've had other strangest occurrences as well.

joecal 05-12-2017 08:23 AM

That's too bad, I think it's just jealousy. When they(idiots and I'm being nice) see a Porsche, some assume it's some rich guys car. There's no excuse for that though, hopefully karma will intervene.

likestadraw 05-12-2017 09:26 AM

Rich Guy! HA! It's a Proche so it's expensive, i'm jealous so i'm going to break something that will show him!
I suppose that speaks well for Porsche being that a 17 year old car still looks good, yet costs less than a used Prius.

Need_for_speed 05-12-2017 10:37 AM

Not exactly vandalism, but...

I had just purchased my car and had driven it but twice: once from the dealership to the DMV for plates, and then to my indie for IMS, RMS, clutch etc. After a few weeks, the day finally came when the car was ready for me to bring her home. My wife and I picked her up from the indie and we headed home, trading turns driving, marveling at her beauty and poise. On the spur of the moment, we decided to stop for dinner at a nice restaurant on the way home to celebrate the new addition. I parked her at the furthest reaches of the parking lot, which is to say, at least a half a mile away from ANY OTHER CAR.

We finished dinner, walked out to my car, and immediately noticed a note stuck in the windshield wiper. "Dear Sir, we were just leaving the gym across the parking lot when we saw a young girl in a white Altima pull out of her parking space and sideswipe your sports car. We tried to get her license number but she saw us chasing her and sped away. It was too dark for us to read the plate. Very sorry."

With a scream of rage slowly building in my lungs, I walked around to the other side of my car. There was a thick smear of white paint from the rear of the door to the front of the taillight. The car had been in my possession for less than 3 hours.

Fortunately for me, it looked like a horrible amount of damage, but turned out to be far less traumatic. Altima bumpers are plastic and the paint is soft. Most of the damage buffed out, and what remained was fixed with paintless dent repair. Since then, I have entertained myself with a fantasy that Altima girl's daddy finds out what happened, at which point he takes away her car, cancels her enrollment at St. George's Private School for Trust Babies, and sends her away to the Blessed Sacrament School of Cloistered Nuns where she will spend the rest of her life toiling in the church garden and begging for forgiveness for her misdeeds.

Jamesp 05-13-2017 05:40 AM

Everyone has a gift to give, and they give what they can. For some folks, the best they can do is kick a mirror off a nice car, other folks can fix it and share how to do it with others. One can only imagine the crappy life of the fool vandalizing cars.

Disaster 05-14-2017 04:19 AM

I have definitely noticed people get more aggressive when driving the Boxster. I think it is just that they see a sports car and immediately assume things. It puts people more quickly into fight mode.