Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2021, 05:04 PM   #1

Convertible Top Not Working

Hey everyone, when I tried to put my top up today after driving, it didn't move at all. There's only a clicking sound which I think is the relay, but no movement whatsoever. It also dims the radio lights, dash, etc. The parking brake light does come on so it's not that. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also I must note that during my drive the airbag light kept coming on and off and the clamshell is slightly uneven; the right side is higher and not locked in like the left side is. Thanks!

Niceboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:33 AM   #2

Probably a cable snapped or one of the top transmissions failed, the nylon gears inside crack with age. If the top is not aligned and the microswitch thinks the top is open or closed it will sometimes not operate the top at all.

I'd pop the ball joints off the top with the tool provided in your toolkit and check cables and dig into the transmission on the side thats not aligned. The owners manual shows how to pop the ball joints and operate the top in "manual" mode

CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote