Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #1

Interior Cover

Does anyone know where could I get one that does not cover the windshield but only the interior?

unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #2

Google for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklekraker View Post
Does anyone know where could I get one that does not cover the windshield but only the interior?
... Boxster tonneau cover.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Here you go: Tonneau Cover:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #4

Thanks guys! I checked the price and wow, they are expensive.

A member in another forum, are giving me his cover that's been sitting in his garage. It's similar to the picture I posted and they are free

Old 01-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #5

Garage
Check eBay item #110804983178 , I was thinking about it myself, but I know I will never install it if I bought it. Be nice to see someone get it that will use it. I have also seen the other "cockpit covers" that you pictured for sale from time to time on eBay. Good luck, this is a fabulous price. P.S. it says no instructions are included, but you can become a contributing member at Renntech.org and view all porsche TSB's. Full instructions for install there.

Last edited by Pirate50; 01-12-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Pirate50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #6

That's California Pop-Top...I have one and love it. Light weight, easy to put on and takes up very little room in the trunk. Cockpit covers are nice but are not water proof...not good for a Porsche with all the electronics in the car.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #7

Cool! Thanks jcb...that was nice to hear that you love the pop top. I will mainly use it during the warm weather to avoid opening and closing the top.

I know that it's just a matter of time that my 12 yr old plastic window will crack

I will post the picture after I pick it up today :-)
Old 01-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Don't forget to get the red clamp from Porsche you put in place of your top clamp (when the top is down). This activates your alarm while your not there!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #9

I was thinking about getting a tonneau cover but am not sure if I want to drill holes in the body and pop rivet velcro under the clamshell. Installation is not for the faint of heart. Can someone who has a tonneau chime in and let us know whether they like/use it or not.
linklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Don't forget to get the red clamp from Porsche you put in place of your top clamp (when the top is down). This activates your alarm while your not there!
I pick up the Pop Top last Friday, courtesy of VitaminC. Thanks man...preciated it!

And yap...I got the red clip
Old 01-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by linklaw View Post
I was thinking about getting a tonneau cover but am not sure if I want to drill holes in the body and pop rivet velcro under the clamshell. Installation is not for the faint of heart. Can someone who has a tonneau chime in and let us know whether they like/use it or not.
I don't have a tonneau on my Boxster, but I had one on my Miata. On the Miata, it had several advantages. (1) It was quicker to use the tonneau than putting the boot on and taking it off when you raised and lowered the top. (2) I bought a second-hand one that had never been installed for $80. (3) It seemed to complement the British roadster spirit of the car. It was pretty simple to install with no drilling into the body.

With the Boxster, I just don't see the same advantages. Although I have to "chop" my plastic window, it is much easier to raise and lower the top on the Boxster. The roll bar sticking up through the tonneau just looks odd to me. The cost is prohibitive, and I'm reluctant to drill holes in my car.

Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #12

Just posted a 986 factory tonneau cover on ebay for sale

No reserve, and just in time for spring!

Porsche Boxster 986 Tequipment Factory Tonneau Cover - New! | eBay

jlegelis is offline   Reply With Quote