986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   IMS pricing in the GTA (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/65515-ims-pricing-gta.html)

Fuzzuki 02-23-2017 04:59 PM

IMS pricing in the GTA

Hi guys. I think I know where this thread will go, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I'm looking for the best price to do my IMS in the Toronto area.

I have a quote for 3,000 all in with a new clutch.

Is this a reasonable price?

Are there better prices in the area.

I trust this shop, but it will take me a bit to save that much coin. Thinking I could get it done earlier if I could get a cheaper price.

Omes986 02-23-2017 05:01 PM

Got mine done at Mantis in Oakville, good prices. Can't remember off-hand the cost but I'll look for the receipt and pm you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuzzuki 02-23-2017 05:16 PM

Yeah, that's who I asked. They are good.
I really do trust them.

Giller 02-23-2017 05:37 PM

I deal with Mike at German Autotech in Kitchener - not too far away depending on where in the GTA you are. I had a quote for a little under $2000 if I remember correctly - but that was a year ago and the CDN dollar was a bit stronger. He's an honest guy, does a good job. I know Boxstersteve on here had him to his IMS, he might have a better price idea.

356Guy 02-23-2017 05:48 PM

I was at the local indy a few weeks back and asked what a ball park price was. They said $3k for a clutch, $4k with IMS bearing and $5k with a new flywheel. The clutch and LN Engineering bearing are going to be around $2k.

ps I wouldn't get the shop to do it anyway because I can buy the clutch and flywheel parts for half of what they charge and I have a 4 post lift :)

robbiex1 02-25-2017 09:48 AM

Hunter Automotive did a great job with mine and very reasonable cost (under $1K for labour to install). They also checked my clutch and RMS and they were honest in their feedback that neither needed changing.

Porsche9 02-25-2017 11:40 AM

If you are doing the IMS definitely do the RMS. It's only an extra $35 for the part. You are already in there.
Since I'm in Phoenix I won't bother with mentioning costs.

Xpit77 02-26-2017 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omes986 (Post 528146)
Got mine done at Mantis in Oakville, good prices. Can't remember off-hand the cost but I'll look for the receipt and pm you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mantis did mine. Would recommend.

B6T 02-26-2017 04:34 PM

I could do a clutch on a Boxster in a few hours and I don't even have a hoist. It's simple to do in this car. Probably the easiest I've ever done.

Mike at German Autotech is a nice guy and seems very trustworthy. But don't forget Furtmair Auto Services in Kitchener. The guy only works on Porsches.

I did my own IMS though. It wasn't that hard but I've been working on cars for a while. You definitely want to be comfortable with your skills because there are many things that can go wrong.

GTA_G20 02-28-2017 09:29 PM

Great info

Fuzzuki 03-02-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbiex1 (Post 528288)
Hunter Automotive did a great job with mine and very reasonable cost (under $1K for labour to install). They also checked my clutch and RMS and they were honest in their feedback that neither needed changing.

Is this the place you were talking about?
Hunter Motorsports