986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Can the motion detector be bypassed? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/65497-can-motion-detector-bypassed.html)

Duezzer 02-20-2017 08:33 PM

Can the motion detector be bypassed?

Hi There,

Wondering if there is a way to bypass the motion detectors in the car's alarm system. I have a dog who travels with me and if I slip into the store and he is in the car, he sets the alarm off.

I want to be able to lock the car with some of the alarm features being active.

At a bar minimum I would like to at least lock the car.

BirdDog 02-20-2017 10:59 PM

Maybe tape over the motion sensor "eyes" with black electrical tape?

That should allow you to lock the car - and the car wouldn't detect movement (like your dog) in the interior.

(those are the alien eye looking things above the rear view mirror)

Just spit-balling here...

Fintro11 02-20-2017 11:03 PM

Look in the manual, but off the top of my head yes if you press lock twice?

JayG 02-21-2017 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fintro11 (Post 527883)
Look in the manual, but off the top of my head yes if you press lock twice?

that's right. Press twice, get a beep and no alarm

RTFM!

steved0x 02-21-2017 09:09 AM

I learned that the first time my suction mount fell off and triggered the alarm and I wasn't near the car... Fun times :)

Duezzer 02-21-2017 07:16 PM

So when the fob is pressed 2 times the whole alarm is disabled or just the motion?

The first time it happened I went into a store for quite a bit and over the PA comes - "There is a Blue Porsher Boxxer whos alarm is going off and a dog frantically bouncing from seat to seat. Can the owner please head out and take care of the issue".

My manual is a printed version that the previous owner had - not sure it is even for the correct year - I will be calling Porshe to get the proper one tomorrow.

Did google this and found all sorts of different discriptions.

Maybe I will just ask Porsche when I order the manual.

Thanks for everything - This forum rocks as usual

oldskool73 02-21-2017 08:15 PM

Mine doesn't even have a factory alarm, so I may be wrong... but from what I've read, if you press the lock button twice within 1 second it goes into a secondary lock mode, where the alarm is not enabled and central locking is on but the inner door handles are still operational.

JayG 02-21-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldskool73 (Post 527988)
Mine doesn't even have a factory alarm, so I may be wrong... but from what I've read, if you press the lock button twice within 1 second it goes into a secondary lock mode, where the alarm is not enabled and central locking is on but the inner door handles are still operational.

Yup, that's it

Duezzer 02-22-2017 03:21 PM

Thanks everyone. My dog appreciates the help you all gave his human