986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Tool Pants? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/65230-tool-pants.html)

RandallNeighbour 02-02-2017 05:38 AM

Tool Pants?

In 2004 when I joined this forum there was a very helpful user named Tool Pants. Without him I would have sold my Boxster at a loss and probably never buy another Porsche.

Has anyone seen him active on any other boards?

mikefocke 02-02-2017 09:41 AM

Nope. I wander 6+ sites a day and I don't recall him for a long time. His last activity here was 2011. The good ones are missed.

Boxtaboy 02-02-2017 10:34 AM

Maybe he sold his Boxster. I don't tend to stay on sites where I've sold my car, and have moved onto something else.

husker boxster 02-02-2017 12:18 PM

Who was the Secret Service agent or MD State Patrolman who's sig was "cheating death on 18's"? I miss him too.

Topless 02-02-2017 12:19 PM

Hi Randall!

No Tool Pants is long gone from here and Renntech. He was an excellent resource for our 986 cars and lived in the Bay Area as I recall.

RandallNeighbour 02-02-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker boxster (Post 525425)
Who was the Secret Service agent or MD State Patrolman who's sig was "cheating death on 18's"? I miss him too.

Ah, that was Johnny Danger. He was a lot of fun and knowledgeable too.

RandallNeighbour 02-02-2017 12:29 PM

Just for fun I went to the members page and sorted them by number of posts, which usually brings up the oldest members if they were not lurkers.

BruceLee was the owner of this site before he sold it to Pelican Parts and he was really helpful as well, and a great moderator in my opinion.

On that first page there's a couple of forum participants I'm happy are no longer here... but only one or two.

This is a wonderful online group of respectful individuals and it has been a real pleasure to participate in it for the last 13 years.

Porsche9 02-02-2017 12:59 PM

Never interacted with Tool Pants. Before my time but I do like his name!

Nobody wants Mr.JonathanLanda back? :rolleyes:

Topless 02-02-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour (Post 525427)
Ah, that was Johnny Danger. He was a lot of fun and knowledgeable too.

No no... I think he is speaking of Grizzly. "Cheating death on 19s". He was a real Fed and got seriously hurt in a fall. Went through a divorce and the car went with the wife I think. He may be on Pelican now with a different car and screen name. Similar writing style and lives near DC.

Funny the stuff we remember. :)

itsnotanova 02-02-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porsche9 (Post 525430)

Nobody wants Mr.JonathanLanda back? :rolleyes:

I miss him. Or maybe I miss Timco making fun of him?

Nine8Six 02-02-2017 03:00 PM

hmmm you guys all married right? few girlfriends... stuff like that?

Because I'm not extremely comfortable with seeing men-missing-men on my favorite forum, can we get back to cars?!

particlewave 02-02-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine8Six (Post 525447)
hmmm you guys all married right? few girlfriends... stuff like that?

Because I'm not extremely comfortable with seeing men-missing-men on my favorite forum, can we get back to cars?!

Am I sensing some jealousy, here?
Don't worry, bud. Everyone misses you the most when you're gone. :p

Nine8Six 02-02-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlewave (Post 525449)
Am I sensing some jealousy, here?
Don't worry, bud. Everyone misses you the most when you're gone. :p

Jealous? Totally. But missed you all more than anyone ever possibly missed me I think (there some real love). Not sure what to do/say/post to make this forum fun(nier). I'm sure everyone got the humor out of my kinked little note above but just in case: It was a frigin joke ;) Nothing against old friends, good memories, or gays loll

Whatever! Forum got so damn serious recently the "others-missing-others" thread are almost getting popular. Worst; I was writing about "politics" to Bigjake a few min ago... how fuk'ed up is that LOLOLOL

:dance::ah::troll::barf::matchup::chicken::D

husker boxster 02-02-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topless (Post 525433)
No no... I think he is speaking of Grizzly. "Cheating death on 19s". He was a real Fed and got seriously hurt in a fall. Went through a divorce and the car went with the wife I think. He may be on Pelican now with a different car and screen name. Similar writing style and lives near DC.

Yes, Grizzly. He had some interesting stories. And he had the original banned cat thread.

Yeah, the older we get, the more minutiae we remember but can't remember important stuff, like what I had for lunch yesterday.

dghii 02-02-2017 06:08 PM

Old? I'd resent that if my 40th high school reunion wasn't coming up this summer!

I won't be taking the Boxster S... I'm thinking more in line of a lincoln contiental or Nimitz sized Caddy.

NewArt 02-02-2017 06:09 PM

Yeah, I don't remember what you had for lunch either.

ViO 02-03-2017 06:00 PM

Hey Randall / Pilot / and others - I'm still here (though I log in like once a year!)

Still have my 2003 Boxster - it has 38k Miles on it, garaged most of the time.

I remember Tool Pants!

NewArt 02-03-2017 06:13 PM

Hey, can we raffle off ToolPants' name?
"Hi, they call me Toolpants"
"Oh, how totally equestrian!"

Sorry, I'm feeling rather sophomoric this evening. :rolleyes:

JayG 02-03-2017 06:19 PM

Hell I can't remember what I was doing 30 min ago

Flavor 987S 02-04-2017 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topless (Post 525433)

Grizzly is a great guy. Went through some tough/dark days. Also lost his father at about the same time period. I'm glad to hear he is alive & well.

Toolpants was awesome. He had a picture for just about everything.