Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #61
Fred Demara

humm, of all the stories he could have told you, that's the silliest sounding. You might want to run a carfax on it...nothing like pouring 200 hours of work into a project to find out your "free tub" was liberated from some poor guy via "five finger discount" if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts
Yeah.. I was not real happy about that, but the owner of the tub delivered it to me and explained "why" he did it. It is a mockup tub that is WRECKED big time in the front.. so it is not like it is going anywhere any time soon.

B

Old 06-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #62

No no.. it is a MOCKUP tub for me. It will never see the street again for any reason. He wrecked the car several months ago.

FYI on Carfax: If I pay CASH to have the car repaired at the body shop... you will NEVER know that it was wrecked. They can only gather info from insurance companies and DMV related stuff.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #63
Fred Demara

humm, that makes it seem even more odd that he would go to such lengths to scratch the vin# off.

Yes, carfax won't catch most repairs...but if this "free tub" is stolen, it'll be in there.

Quote:
No no.. it is a MOCKUP tub for me. It will never see the street again for any reason. He wrecked the car several months ago.

FYI on Carfax: If I pay CASH to have the car repaired at the body shop... you will NEVER know that it was wrecked. They can only gather info from insurance companies and DMV related stuff.

B
Old 06-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #64

again.. I know the owner personally.. I originally did ALL the suspension and alignments for him before he hit a stack of tires at Las Vegas. He gutted/stripped this tub to move everything over to another tub.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #65
Fred Demara

ahh, well in that case...but still couldn't hurt to double check, though....

Quote:
again.. I know the owner personally.. I originally did ALL the suspension and alignments for him before he hit a stack of tires at Las Vegas. He gutted/stripped this tub to move everything over to another tub.

B
Old 08-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #66

Glad to see you mocking this up. When I first read the post I thought it was just bench racing. It will be interesting to see how this works out.
silver arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #67

My interest is totally peaked. Please keep this going. I certainly want to know if a kit can be made to swap-out the F-6 for a Porsche/Audi twin turbo 6 or a Porsche/Audi V8.

Why stop there ? Any one thinking twin turbo W12... Just kidding I think the V8's enough.

Question didn't the VW/Audi group make a W8? And, wasn't the point of that motor to fit into a Passat? Maybe that's the right sized motor for a Boxster? Thoughts?

bob
BoxsterSbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #68

Location: Seattle - It's not Hell, but you can see it from here!
QUOTE:

Question didn't the VW/Audi group make a W8? And, wasn't the point of that motor to fit into a Passat? Maybe that's the right sized motor for a Boxster? Thoughts?

2 problems with the W8: like the W12, they break crankshafts. which leads to the second problem that there are no internal parts available from the dealer. long blocks only, $20K...

and why doesn't the QUOTE work right on this board?

2001 Porsche Boxster S
1988 Porsche 928 S4

Last edited by Dave928; 08-09-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Dave928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:36 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave928
QUOTE:

2 problems with the W8: like the W12, they break crankshafts. which leads to the second problem that there are no internal parts available from the dealer. long blocks only, $20K...

and why doesn't the QUOTE work right on this board?

Actually, it works just fine!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #70

Check out this thread for some updates.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=69069&st=200&start=200

go to page 14 for some pictures.

teaser: LS1 is the priority at the moment!
boardertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #71

how about the new 'coyote' ford 5.0 v8?

hmmmm....a 'Forsche' ?

dyno's are showing these motors putting out 435hp / 400tq stock!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #72

If I'm putting a Cayenne V8 in anything, this is where I'd like to put it:

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #73

Well the answer for the height issue is dump the roof and cut the top of the engine compartment as necessary. I doubt you're making a daily driver. Since the car will basically be a carrerra GT, you might as well go with that sort of speedster humps with mess to show off the big beast. It'd be a better show car, sound better/louder, and save some top end weight in the process.
ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #74

Garage
well its more logical just to drop a LS3 in it. 6.2L 450 ftlbs torque and 460HP. besides brad will have his conversion car up and running alegedly by junish.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #75

2.5 liter STi motor from a Subi would be more in keeping with the cars balance - easy to get 350 to 400 HP from those motors. Too bad know one has looked at that route yet.
grantsfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #76

Brad, did you ever finish this project? Do you now have a running Boxster with a Cayenne engine in it?

Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote