Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2016, 06:58 AM   #1

Dictator Castro is dead

Finally since 1959 this piece of feces ruled and ruined my country today he is being welcome into the gates of hell where he belongs with the other murderous thugs like Hitler, Stalin, Lenin and so many more. Good riddance Fidel:dance:

Old 11-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #2

Garage
I doubt that anything is changing with his brother in charge. Raul has been president since 2008, not much changed.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #3

Garage
And Politics can go to the lounge.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:16 AM   #4

Pilot2519J,
I am excited for you, friends, family, and the Cuban people.

Growing up in FL and having a neighbor who was from Cuba and my parents would go to Havana once a month to party in Havana. The sadness that castro caused I saw from the Cuban’s who owned some of the stores we shopped in. Having gone to Cuba several times on what was the St. Pete to Havana run. It was officially cancelled but a German company still ran it for Americans so we spend no funds in Cuba. The Cuban people are kind, loving, and gracious. A culture that was almost destroyed but communism is very harsh put the human spirit lives on. Much of the hope is the younger generation who is more vocal and a growing entrepreneurial movement is moving forward despite raul attempt to maintain control.

When castro got sick and many were hoping the end was near and raul moved up. I told my friends if I was rual, my first call would have been to POTUS and then Trump and Steve Wynn. Many people don’t realize but European’s have been vacationing in Cuba for years.
fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:41 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanguy View Post
Pilot2519J,

Many people don’t realize but European’s have been vacationing in Cuba for years.
Canadians have been vacationing there for years as well. I was there January 2016, my third visit. It is a beautiful country. The locals who I met were very friendly and seem happy and content with their lives, although they may be afraid to tell the truth.

I had a long discussion with a Cab driver who had transplanted a new Hyundai truck diesel into his 56 Chevy Sedan- complete with air conditioning and power steering. Considering the limited resources his workmanship was excellent. When I asked him about the source of the powerplant - he quietly joked that there was a government truck out there somewhere with an empty engine compartment....
Old 11-28-2016, 07:52 AM   #6

Garage
I have been to Cuba 17 times now and it's really like my second home. The people there are amazing and the culture is highlighted with beauty really... its funny that the person posting this does not include Obama or past pres or Prime Minister(s) to the list because they too have done many negative things. It's time to stop the hate and lead this world into being a better place for our children.

Oh yeah.... and how does that relate to our Boxsters ??? lol
Old 11-29-2016, 04:52 AM   #7

Garage
Here's your sign - I mean link:

Zuffenhausen Lounge ( happy hour after 17:00 somewhere ) - 986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster Owners and Others
Old 12-02-2016, 04:53 AM   #8

Garage
...Not worth my time

Last edited by DrCactus; 12-02-2016 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Not worth my time
DrCactus is offline   Reply With Quote