Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2016, 04:30 AM   #1

Window problem: dropping half way when closing door

Hello all! I have a problem that i need some help to solve

Somethimes when i leave the car the window drops half way down. It has happened on both sides, but not at the same time. It appers like it's after the door is closed and it drops ( i think ) beond the point where it stops when taking soft top down. I'm curently on hardtop (winter), and cant recaal if this happened the first time with the soft top.

I know i have a bad park brake sensor because the brake light did'nt come on when i was changing to hardtop, but i dont think it has something to do with this, and usualy i dont use park brake when parking.

hope to solve this as forgetting to check window when leaving car, combined with either thief's or rain wold be bad.

Thanks in adwise. Carl

RedBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:14 AM   #2

Garage
We had a similar problem with our 986. It was a sensor issue but I think the sensor was up near the top. I am did up taking it to Porsche of Orlando and the service department there repaired it and if I remember right it actually wasn't even that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jccash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:15 AM   #3

Garage
Mine has occasionally done that and it has been related to the micro switch where the top latches not being activated. If I unlatch the top and hold the switch in with my finger then roll up the windows, release it (the windows will go half way down again) relatch the top the windows operate as they should.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Box View Post
Mine has occasionally done that and it has been related to the micro switch where the top latches not being activated. If I unlatch the top and hold the switch in with my finger then roll up the windows, release it (the windows will go half way down again) relatch the top the windows operate as they should.
Tried to push on this switch now. Nothing happens. I gues this is bacause it's some sensor detecting that the cab roof is all the way Down and / or bacause the Winter hard top is on.
It has'nt happened in allmost a weak now, so it's alitlebit hard to troubleshoot what actually makes this happen.

RedBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote