Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2003, 10:14 AM   #1

My first upgrade

I just received my first upgrade for my S. I got some smoked/clear side marker lights for the car. They seem to match the clear lenses on the front and back of the car much better now. I don't know why porsche would do away with the amber lenses on the front and back, but not the side. Oh well. at least its done now. I was looking at techart lowering springs as the next mod. I know I will have to be careful where I drive, but thats a given. Would lowering it one inch make to to low for street use? Has anyone else lowered their boxster? I would like any input one can give.

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 10:56 AM   #2
Watch Freak

I personally think it's plenty low stock. But then again I live in NYC where you can "bottom out" an SUV on our wonderful roads!
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #3

I put H&R spings with adjustable Bilstein shocks and lowered mine about 2.5 inches and dont have too much trouble, but you do need to take some driveways at an angle to prevent the front end from scraping.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:48 PM   #4
Support Local Music

jfmillr..please post pic. you rollin' on 17s or 18s?\\

thx
red*farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:34 PM   #5

I am rollin on 18's.
Mind you that this photo is a REALLY old photo, but the best I have until the car comes off the lift from its current modifications. This photo is about 1.5 years old, but was right after I did the suspension but before all the body additions...When I have a new photo with the new tires on it I will post another but fear that is probably a couple weeks off at best....
jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:17 PM   #6

Nice looking boxster you have there Jfmiller. Did those 18" twists come as a factory option? or did you add them on later?
Old 01-13-2004, 06:11 PM   #7

thx, yeah I have done a ton of body stuff since this pic. Once completely finished I will post some pics. Wheels were a factory option came with car. Heres another pic of the front bumper minus new Litronics, since its a little older pic....

Old 01-13-2004, 06:20 PM   #8

The gt2 front end looks cool. I bet that garners some confused looks from porschephiles on the road. It would have me do a double take.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #9

yeah it has gotten some double takes, after my body kit is done pretty much noone is gonna have aany idea what it is, except that they would probably guess it is a Porsche...