986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Photo of Sad Boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/6319-photo-sad-boxster.html)

cartagena 06-06-2006 07:50 PM

Photo of Sad Boxster

My Boxster finally arrived. But the dealer has not sent the registration documents so it has to sit in my parking stop. :ah:

cartagena 06-07-2006 04:06 PM

My assistent just after I made her wash it today. I should be able to finally drive it when the documents arrive tomorrow.

TriGem2k 06-07-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartagena
My assistent just after I made her wash it today. I should be able to finally drive it when the documents arrive tomorrow.

Is that your house in the background?

Mantis 06-07-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Assistants have to wear clothes in South America?

arcticnorth 06-07-2006 04:55 PM

FUNNY,my boxster didnt come with an assistant!
I guess here in canada porsche doesnt offer that option,oh well guess i have to go wash my car myself now. :) :) :cheers:

Thumper 06-07-2006 05:18 PM

You got the right color....I need to swap you assistants.

MNBoxster 06-07-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper
You got the right color....I need to swap you assistants.

Hi,

Ain't that the Truth!... ;)

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

cartagena 06-07-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriGem2k
Is that your house in the background?

No, it is an apartment building.

cartagena 06-07-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcticnorth
FUNNY,my boxster didnt come with an assistant!
I guess here in canada porsche doesnt offer that option,oh well guess i have to go wash my car myself now. :) :) :cheers:

I am Canadian also. And I can assure you they don't! :)

cartagena 06-07-2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantis
Assistants have to wear clothes in South America?

Only when they are outside. I would be happy to share the "other" photos on "986-xxx.com". :dance: ;) :dance:

Marc Gelefsky 06-08-2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

Only when they are outside. I would be happy to share the "other" photos on "986-xxx.com". :dance: ;) :dance:

Feel free to email them to me :) :cheers:

Perfectlap 06-08-2006 06:29 AM

hey you should remove the license plate from the photo. I'm sure you can still edit the picture.

I see by the license plate that you are in Bogota. Are Porsche cars common there? My gym instructor is from there and she is drop dead gorgeous she works as a fitness model for magazines. Thanks to her I never miss going to the gym! I wish she would wash my car someday. :p

p.s.
with a car like that in South America I hope and pray you are a single man

Mantis 06-08-2006 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap

p.s.
with a car like that in South America I hope and pray you are a single man

Like it matters in South America !! :p

RandallNeighbour 06-08-2006 08:02 AM

"I see by the license plate that you are in Bogota. Are Porsche cars common there?"

Bogota = Drug capitol of the world.
Drugs = Lots of cash
Lots of cash = lots of fine european cars. I'm betting there's a huge crowd of Porsches around town!

Cartagena, I'm not implying you're involved in drugs because you live in Bogota... but it does stand to reason that if a guy has an extra 100k sitting around, he might as well buy himself a nice car to drive :)

mach schnell 06-08-2006 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=Perfectlap]hey you should remove the license plate from the photo. I'm sure you can still edit the picture.

i've never understood why people black out their license plates - is there something special in the license, only on line or the internet, if someone sees your license plate - cuz, if you all remember, when you're driving down the street, parked at the coffee shop or your car is sitting in your drive way, your license plate is perfectly visible for all to read, copy, decipher and or steal! have people figured out a way to actually steal the plate off the car through the internet?!?! ooooh - matrix-y!!!

Rondog 06-08-2006 08:31 AM

My assistent just after I made her wash it today. "

Gawd Luv ya......Had i made my assistant wash my car, I'd be dealing with a sexual discrimination lawsuit, disability claims and an IRS investigation.....
Where did it all go wrong??!?!?!

RD

porscheracer 06-08-2006 08:37 AM

Mod the bug?

Mach,
Why did you pimp your VW bug? short shifter, etc? did you track this car or lawn decoration.
Although you came into your senses and bought a Porsche!

Porsche factory should swtich from Boxster to 986 Roadster or 986 spyder.

:troll:

bmussatti 06-08-2006 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=mach schnell]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
hey you should remove the license plate from the photo. I'm sure you can still edit the picture.

i've never understood why people black out their license plates - is there something special in the license, only on line or the internet, if someone sees your license plate - cuz, if you all remember, when you're driving down the street, parked at the coffee shop or your car is sitting in your drive way, your license plate is perfectly visible for all to read, copy, decipher and or steal! have people figured out a way to actually steal the plate off the car through the internet?!?! ooooh - matrix-y!!!

I think it is an issue of anonymity.

jeff740 06-08-2006 08:49 AM

Super sweet ride, car and assistant! Cuando vengo a Colombia, espero que yo puedo concocer to Porsche y tu assistante tambien!

Enjoy!

Jeff.

mach schnell 06-08-2006 08:55 AM

bmussati - anonymity how? how doesn knowing or not knowing my plate (on the internet or driving down the freeway) have anything to do with you knowing who i am or not! if it were that big of a deal or really that easy that anyone could find you (oooohh big brother!) wouldn't we all have the special 007 revolving license plates, so the jackass that keeps riding your ass on the freeway doesn't figure out where you live - oh, that's right, he can just follow you home! my point is, that blacking your plate out may seem like something really necessary or like your disguising your identity - you're really not!

porscheracer - modded the beetle out just to make it a more interesting daily driver. wanted a stiffer suspension and sportier ride, better audio system and a car that just didn't look like everything else on the road. also, when i bought it, originally thought maybe this would be a car we'd keep in the family for a long time and as we added other cars, the beetle would get tweaked here and there as creativity saw fit. however, the 2.0 l engine has serious power limits and in leiu of shipping the car to hpa motors in canada and spending 15-20 grand to add a bi-turbo v6 and audi all wheel drive and turning the car into a 0-60 in 3.8s ferrari eater, i decided it was too much of a slug (don't go there!) funny thing is, started out feeling the same way about the box - it would be a car that we'd hold on to (the whole nostalgic - first porsche stuff) - oh well, some folks are never happy...